BO15 Airman

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the build off! Looks like you're going to fit right in!

Two-tone paint in the same hue has always intrigued me. The chain guard turned out well.

Dig your shop vibe. Fink stuff, that oil drum chair, and the cool dog hanging on the booth seat.

RaT oN~!

Dig your shop vibe. Fink stuff, that oil drum chair, and the cool dog hanging on the booth seat.

That's my shop dog Lily, yes named after Lily Munster. she thinks the diner booth seat is her sofa!
20200508_111735.jpg

Rat rod or not, that Airman is cool! Looks like it will turn out beautifully!
My build probably won't interest most since it is not a "Rat" or Custom, but will be a pretty much stock rehab of a 1950 Spiegel Airman Monark Rocket I found about 10 years ago, and started the teardown and resto then. But, I quickly lost interest after having the frame/fork powder coated and the color turned out way off what I wanted. The horrible purplish frame hung on the shop wall until 2 days ago when I pulled it down, sanded and repainted it the correct color I wanted. Here is the start.
Bike looks great in either color..... the shop is pretty doggone snazzy too!!!!

Very cool bike!

Killer tank

Well, I haven't got much of anything new done on the build off Airman. I got kinda side tracked with another painting project. Thought I'd post it since its sort of related since these 2 his & her bikes I'm doing to match my '56 Dalton canned ham trailer are also Airman badged Monarks like the build off bike. Also did a cooler to match! Hopefully back to the build off soon!

Attachments

• 20200522_165649.jpg
    20200522_165649.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 20200522_165712.jpg
    20200522_165712.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 139
great stuff! all of it. i wish i had kept the airman monark i had. likin the kombi. hows the surf been in ks? sorry, couldn't resist

Finally got a little wrench time in. Used a seat, bars & grips I had laying around. Tires are John's US Royal Chain, wheels are not correct Lobdell for monark, but again used what I had for now. Can't wait for swapmeet time again to hopefully find correct parts. At the last minute I realized I didn't paint the chain guard brackets or would have got it installed too. So, tank & chainguard coming soon. Almost there.
20200531_173714.jpg

Very well done!
Love the motorized Monark in the back too! Those are always beautiful!

Finally got a little fun shop time in and got the bracket painted, and chainguard & original paint tank installed. I'm not considering it done yet, although close. With a little more time, I'd still like to get the chain guard graphic paint stencil done. And think about touching up some of the missing tank paint. But that's a tough one, they are only OG once and the chips and missing paint are all just part of the character????
20200617_133254.jpg
20200617_143644.jpg

That tank paint looks great and tells part of the bikes story. I would leave it alone.

I'd say it's gorgeous as is! What graphics are you thinking about for the guard? I don't feel like paint needs to be touched up, but the artwork could be the icing on the cake

Latest posts

Back