Year of the Rat ?! RRB Build Off #15 !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OddJob

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
On the Chinese calendar, this is a Year of Metal Rat, starting from the 2020 Chinese New Year on Jan. 25 and lasting to 2021 Lunar New Year's Eve on Feb. 11.

Metal Rat? Are you kidding me?? :13:

We have to somehow incorporate this into our RRB Bo #15 this summer! My mind is already swirling with prize ideas, categories for builds, and other funky weird stuff like that.

Anybody else? Bueller? Let's get the ol' brain a stormin' and see what we can come up with. :nod:

What if every bike is required a part from Asia? That shouldn’t be too hard to do....[emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Harder NOT to do...
Metal Rat huh? Speaking of nots, here I was planning on building a trailer queen...

GC.

Sent from across the universe using Tapatalk

CHINESE NEW YEAR 2020 ANIMAL: YEAR OF THE RAT ZODIAC SIGN, MEANING EXPLAINED

BY ANDREW WHALEN ON 1/25/20 AT 8:00 AM EST

“Similar to astrology, the zodiacal Rat is laden with multiple layers of symbolism. Associated with the hour before and after midnight, the rat typically represents new beginnings. They are powerful symbols of fertility, wealth and plenty, so people born in the Year of the Rat are considered to be optimistic, easy-going and kind, if a bit too direct.”

“Lucky associations with the Year of the Rat include the numbers two and three, and the colors gold, blue and green. Meanwhile, the colors yellow or brown and the numbers five and nine can be considered unlucky.”

Sent using Tapatalk

"the rat typically represents new beginnings.”
Too true, so many rescued bikes!
“Lucky associations with the Year of the Rat include the numbers two and three, and the colors gold, blue and green. Meanwhile, the colors yellow or brown can be considered unlucky.”
So we have the beginnings of a set of requirements: bike or trike, with gold, blue and/or green, yellow and brown need not apply.

Uh oh, does patina and rust count as brown?

I ain't eating no rat to bring me luck , so I'll stick with yellow !

Ktg80LiGyMg8zd7Pg4ooU9XewERBxC_NB2buWPdwC1QyLMUB75GHpjO--Z6AhuygXfD2EsHu98kyeFiyZHSxtdMOUwh1Qk7GLth8-sjhgCoiELrpuhOvEoT5AxVxtw

If RBBO 15 has a Chinese theme, I’ll be forced to go MAGA on principle.

furyus

Two months away...
Of course there is a buildoff happening before the Official buildoff. But it's an unlimited contest, with almost no rules, not for the faint of heart. Then again, rat sammiches are in my byline...

Carl.

Sent from across the universe using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back