Gravel bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used too ride a lot of old rail road beds on my bmx bike too get places and recently did about 2 miles of it on my klunker. I’m guessing these bikes are built for something finer because I can’t see building any real speed on that large loose stone
There are different versions There are some that are basically cyclocross bikes with slacker geometry and then there are some real beasts out there. Gravel bike tires vary from .5 inches to 3 inches! It is extremely varied.
yari.jpg

7351e224b9584dda8da97c5bbafeca99.jpg

2636901433_e07576ee80_o.jpg

ssg096-1001.jpg

dthbmmtls.PNG

Then, there is THE BEAST!
RWEhLgz.jpg

Here's my gravel bike that I mentioned earlier
20200122_133716.jpg

I just can't get comfortable on dropbars any more, so I've ordered new bars and parts to convert it to single speed. Then, I'll get out and hit the gravel.

Those are the bars I tried to buy but the seller blocked me. I have no idea why and they wouldn’t respond to questions.
I’d still like to get a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM sent

I was looking for a multi use bike to do some longer rides and some mild trails. I used to mtb in the 90s all rigid. Current mtb are crazy. for me builds wind up getting carried away on $$$ so I just bought new. Got a good discount through a partnership kind of thing. I wanted green but when I was ready to buy only red was available. Not the end of the world.
8D66AB89-AE87-4568-97E1-73F0584C77D1.jpeg

I was looking for a multi use bike to do some longer rides and some mild trails. I used to mtb in the 90s all rigid. Current mtb are crazy. for me builds wind up getting carried away on $$$ so I just bought new. Got a good discount through a partnership kind of thing. I wanted green but when I was ready to buy only red was available. Not the end of the world.
View attachment 112113
That really looks road-esque. Is it just a road bike with bigger tires?

Those are the bars I tried to buy but the seller blocked me. I have no idea why and they wouldn’t respond to questions.
I’d still like to get a set.

Check out the Nitto Albatross, Dove, or North Roads, or Soma Oxford, and probably others—they're similar styles of bar. I have an Albatross on my the USAAF bike and I love them.

I wouldn't call it a gravel bike, but I use my road bike on gravel roads. I just put on the largest tires that would fit (28 and I have to deflate them to get them past the brakes) and ride it.

Latest posts

Back