New guy from Santa Rosa

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats up, i'm Russell, i live in Santa Rosa, California. A friend of mine just showed me this site this morning, ...... website. Anyways, i just got done building my cruiser bike, its an old hawthorne frame i'm told, all i started with was the bare frame, i got the forks off an old junk schwinn mountainbike along with the rims. the bike had been painted multiple times before i got it but i decided to strip it to bare metal completly and start fresh, also i didn't want to have a mess on me when i welded in the sides. well now since i painted the bike its got a couple colors under the black. i tried out gunmetal, didn't like that, sprayed some light, almost a primer grey on it, didn't like that, and decided that black looks the best so far so its gonna stay.

here's the bike
hal172.jpg

hal171.jpg

its not perfect but whatever, i like it, i'm thinkin i wanna do another one really soon but do it alittle crazy, who knows, i'll find something soon.

Welcome from Lake County,I'm not a native I still have most of my teeth but seriously if you get over to Sac check out College Cyclery its worth the trip. And there is a bunch of VW people on this site.I get down to Santa Rosa at least twice a month to pick up from the Food Bank and my reefer truck holds a lot of bikes so let me know what your looking for I just might have it....Jim

Hey,

Welcome

My mother was born were lake Sonoma is now... Dry Creek Canyon.
I worked for Charles Schultz on his Ranch ..
I grew up in that area... can ya tell LOL
This place is the BOMB+ 4 anything Bikes .. Ratted & Classic stuff here ... Ratted Classics....YIPPY

Back 2 Base

Wingman / Stephen ... OUT

Hey new guy from SR. I'm new girl from SR.
IMG_0325.jpg

I'm not quite sure what kind this is. Any answers? I got her back in May.

just got done building another bike, kinda went cafe racer ish, anyone know what type of frame i got? i have no clue

russellbike001.jpg

russellbike002.jpg

welcome man :) I was telling the guys erlyer that I usedto bomb Mt TAM on an old inch pitch hawthorn
nice geometry
nice bike
take care
JAK

Latest posts

Back