Surly Bicycles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
IMG_0700.jpg
Surly LowSide
IMG_0691.jpg
IMG_0693.jpg
IMG_0692.jpg
IMG_0694.jpg
IMG_0695.jpg

Last edited:
I bought my wife a pink 1x1 (I think it 03-04). Added a basket and Velo Orange Tourist bars. Will post a picture later.

I want to find a V2 1x1 for myself in the near future.
abce8f0bba07ea818112c60ecfee093c.jpg

Sorry for the crap photo the camera lens is broken on my phone

Last edited:
I'm thinking about an ECR. How have you used it, and do you recommend it?

Its an absolute tank in the best and worst ways. I bought it for an offroad tour that never happened but I ride was riding it a lot around town and stuff. Just like a jeep its loud and slow and goes over most anything. The bar height isn't quite right for the Jones bars but its serviceable. I'd probably swap them out for the riser version of the bars if I were going to do some serious touring.

Its an absolute tank in the best and worst ways. I bought it for an offroad tour that never happened but I ride was riding it a lot around town and stuff. Just like a jeep its loud and slow and goes over most anything. The bar height isn't quite right for the Jones bars but its serviceable. I'd probably swap them out for the riser version of the bars if I were going to do some serious touring.

Thanks.

I like to tour off road, and I have done them on my Ogre and Pugsley. They both are very capable. The Ogre's weakness is deep sand which has required pushing. All tours seem to require some pavement and the Pugs is a grind on pavement. I was hoping the ECR would hit a sweet spot of a go on any terrain (Pugsley) while being more pavement friendly (Ogre).

I have Jones riser bars on both the Ogre and Pugs, and love them.

I'm really curious about the Loop H-bar with the riser, but it's FAR too fancy (expensive) for the RockRat
View attachment 111969

With a short stem, they're the most comfortable bars I've ever used. I did a 250 mile tour on the extremely rough terrain in Death Valley; the control and comfort the bars afforded really made the ride more enjoyable.

Lol as a die hard mountain biker, that's as close to drop bars as I think I could get!
Do you find yourself using the other positions on the bar, the taped section in the picture above, or perhaps even the top bar?

Latest posts

Back