49 cwc value

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked it up because it was skiptooth and that was a first for me but it's a 24 inch and really small. I may try to trade it or sell it. It's missing the headbadge, appears to be repainted and has some crusty parts .the worst problem is the front fork is bent .Just trying to get a rough value for trade really
IMG_20191007_154937699.jpg
IMG_20191007_155305474.jpg
IMG_20191007_155300818.jpg

24"ers are hard to figure. The folks on thecabe seem to price them pretty high, but they rarely seem to move. I've paid between $30-120 on similar vintage 24s ranging from frame only to complete...but, that is more representative of what I'm willing to pay rather than value.

My plan is to try and trade it locally too avoid shipping if I can find someone with something I like. heck I'd trade the entire bike for a solid spaceliner frame,tank and fork. Otherwise I'll probably list it for 100 on Facebook and see what happens.

Really I don't even care about the tank. Just an obsession with the spaceliner style frame. I've just decided buying a skiptooth because I wanted a skiptooth then tearing it apart to not use any skiptooth parts on it is a weird idea

Maybe sand blast and apply red primer and paint; aluminum wheels, new tires/tubes; chrome fenders; that would be about ~$250+ in the hole for that special kid or short person.

Just an update. Removed all the skiptooth stuff and fenders with plans to build it and sell it as a rider but one of my 11 year olds built it so it’s his to ride whenever he wants!
73ECBA45-23FE-4366-81D9-EA61E489F892.jpeg
thanks too the above tip about 26 inch wheels fitting! The 26x2.125 won’t clear the front of this slightly newer non bent fork but the old 26x1.75 does

That is so cool getting your son interested in this hobby . I sometimes wounder whats going to happen to all the old bikes if the next generation don't take a interest in the hobby ?

We bought my eight year old a brand new MTB for his birthday, and after watching me monkey around with my fleet, he's come up with a whole schedule of upgrades for "Mr Zoom"

Latest posts

Back