Up-side-down-girls-fixed-gear-townie....thing...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cebolla3.jpg

I bought this frame with the intentions of chopping it into part of my "Burrito Con Cebollas", however when I got it up on my work table for disassembly, I noticed a cool bit of geometry that I have not seen before, so it became a project in itself. I am planning on stripping, flipping, and gusseting the frame, relocating the kickstand, replacing the "chainstays" with tubing that is a bit more stout, and flipping the droupouts. After that, I will be welding in a bottom bracket shell for a 3 pc. crank, and building a single speed (possibly fixie) rear...The bars will be chopped to narrow them up a bit, and a springer type seat will be fashioned using the existing b.b. shell for the fulcrum, with a plate hanging off the seatstays for mounting the springs. If I go fixie I will probably run a hand brake, because PURE fixies scare the s*** out of me.

Here is a quick mock up prior to any mods. Maybe belongs in the "Ugly Bikes" thread :oops:

IMG_0256.jpg

NICE!!!

Glad to see it can be done...though I thought I might have a shot at being "innovative" hehehe :oops:

I just hope mine turns out HALF as nice looking as Olli's did.

Dead Baby Bikes (bike club in Seattle) refers to them as a "sex change' frame, usually becuase a girl's frame is mated to a boy's rear triangle. I have one:

20080813_73.jpg

And this is AZ Dave's:

l_3ce3c01ea48fbb71062508d16b4d4b03.jpg

:mrgreen: sǝʞıq ƃuıʞool ʇǝǝʍs ǝɯos ǝɹɐ ǝsoɥʇ

So does this mean when someone can read your stickers clearly with no problem your either in mid roll or servicing it? :D

Pretty interesting concept.

i'd run that, stick a basket or baski, as in chicken in da, on it and it'll look well good, like a mad shopper bike. i like how the top/bottom of the triange runs really flat, id leave the kickstand on and only move the bottom bracket, just to confuse people, u could put two seats on, one underneath and one on top :lol: make em scratch their hair out

dude thats pretty cool! i would flip the front half and run it just like that! i like the faded(patina'd) paint, so its just an idea for ya. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back