Clear Out - lights done, so it's done...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a little detour today after picking up my kids and had some fun on a BMX track in one of Berlins many parks. I will link a ride video as soon as I'm done editing it. But in the meantime I have a new contender for the final pic:
SAM_4707_01.JPG

SAM_4709_01.JPG

You take it off any sweet jumps?????

FastRevolvingKatydid-max-1mb.gif

I finally unearthed my soldering iron and some random electronics stuff:
SAM_4711.JPG

Mainly with these parts I will try to finally get the lights working before the days get shorter and this BO is over...
SAM_4713.JPG

I don't know if the powerbank fits into the little toolbox, but I will find out as soon as the wife is gone for the theatre and I'm able to sneak of into the basement... ;-)

A power bank as a power source for the lighting? This is a great idea! You just connect plus and minus?
Eggsactly!
The great thing is, it's (almost) the same voltage as it comes from a dynamo, so you can use standard bike lights and bulbs, or as I do replacement leds. And to connect the cabling to the powerbank you just need to strip down a standard USB cable and use the red and black wires in it. Then connect a switch to it and done.
Easy as that... :)

Gesendet von meinem K00Y mit Tapatalk

I got it basically working, but now I have to figure out a way to insulate one of the lights from the frame, or I will short out the complete system, as on one light + is the frame, on the other the frame is —...
But that's something I can try to solve tomorrow or next week, because I have no powerbank yet, that fits into the toolbox. I will need to get a smaller one next week...
SAM_4714.JPG

It took the usual rat-engineering skills, some soldering, shrink tubing and tape, but it finally worked out...

SAM_4716.JPG

SAM_4717.JPG

SAM_4719.JPG

SAM_4720.JPG

SAM_4721.JPG

So now I can really call this project done!

(Or as much done as a rat can be....)

(And I still need smaller powerbank.)

Today I found this little powerbank. I payed 3,99 €, so even together with the leds this build set me back less then 5.– €
SAM_4765.JPG

and it fits perfectly inside the toolbox
SAM_4728.JPG

SAM_4727.JPG

SAM_4726.JPG

the little switch
SAM_4725.JPG

and lights on
SAM_4745.JPG

Latest posts

Back