Cleveland Welding Lagniappe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is such a great rat!

60887946-5E0B-45BC-A8E1-6648E80C8838.jpeg
091974AC-9597-4709-93B0-3860B73E5328.jpeg
Planning stage for number plates.
Did a test spray on paint can top.
White will be the base. Number 7 in Green. And outline pumpkin Orange.

9E83442A-0001-417C-9190-22F7E2F9EFF5.jpeg
69B3860D-96C3-4B2B-A465-9E28A1F968AE.jpeg
EDA2F797-99D8-4539-98CB-3E0E93443348.jpeg
Working on my center plates.
These plates represent different companies and brands used to make this Ratrod. Kind of like the racing industry where cars have all the sponsors on display. This is the representation of what makes this Ratrod. AMF, Cleveland Welding, Roadmaster, New Departure bearings and hubs, Schwinn wheels, Diamond Skip Tooth Chain, Sta Lube Grease, Royal Purple oil on the chain. Vans Tires, and my logo N. Kildare Cycle Shop. Nice display and explanation when out in public of what a Ratrod is. I will work on getting the final two pieces fitted and mounted. This projected will be ready for picture day.

View attachment 100415 View attachment 100421 View attachment 100423 Working on my center plates.
These plates represent different companies and brands used to make this Ratrod. Kind of like the racing industry where cars have all the sponsors on display. This is the representation of what makes this Ratrod. AMF, Cleveland Welding, Roadmaster, New Departure bearings and hubs, Schwinn wheels, Diamond Skip Tooth Chain, Sta Lube Grease, Royal Purple oil on the chain. Vans Tires, and my logo N. Kildare Cycle Shop. Nice display and explanation when out in public of what a Ratrod is. I will work on getting the final two pieces fitted and mounted. This projected will be ready for picture day.
I'm guessing you manufactured the logos? Really nice work, and a great idea!

I'm wondering on the number plate and this tank plate, if you could use a muted color sprayed very lightly over both of them to 'yellow' them a bit and take the luster down; so they fit that great patina you have on the rest of the build.

They would still be visible and readable. I used this technique on my stickers for the 'window' on Shelby Flyer Woody. It faded them so they didn't 'pop' quite so much.

winner shot.jpg

A great color for 'yellowing' is the Rustoleum Satin Strawflower. It's not glossy, and if you spray it from a distance, like 4 ft away, and let it mist on, you will get just a dusting of color that mutes the bright colors and yellows the white or your background.

rustosatinstrawflower.jpg

Latest posts

Back