Home made repair stand

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone built their own? I'd love to buy a Park, but it's not in my budget. Any ideas? I have a base for an old industrial stand fan, but my main challenge I think will be the clamp.

Check out this link: http://www.instructables.com/id/PVC-Ben ... pair-Stand

I thought about trying to build one of these. But, I'm not the most handy guy in the world. I Finally broke down and bought one at Performance Cycle on sale for just under $90. It is a Spin Doctor Team model. I'm not so sure that a homemade one would be much less considering materials and the time it would take to build my own. Anyway, that stand was the best $90 bucks I've spent in a while.

Hope this helps

This is My stand. Made from a work light stand. I took the plastic end out of the top and inserted a bike stem. I then added a length of 1" tubing into that stem. You could use an old handle bar for this but I had the tubing handy. I then added one small stem,for a 1" head tube and one for 1 1/8" head tube. This gave me the option to mount frames with small or large seat post. I like this better than a clamp because I like to paint my frames hanging from this stand.

It is all made from dumpster dive material including the bike stems.

Pics aren't great but maybe you can see what I am talking about.

Copyofbikestand2.jpg

Copyofbikestand3.jpg

bikestand1.jpg

HERE IS MY SET UP IT IS 2 2 1/2INCH TUBE WELDED TOGETHER WITH 2 CLAMPS CLAMPED TOGETHER THAT CAN TURN 360 DEGRESS,AND ITS BOLTED TO A STEEL BENCH THAT I CAN MOVE AROUND
000_2984.jpg

000_3018.jpg

sorry about the caps

Latest posts

Back