RRBBO13 Pyola Kayrap

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I read about all youse old guys solutions to our aches and pains, I think about my back broken in a car accident in '85 (they wanted to fuse it and I said no, best decision ever) and my raggedy knees, twisted in HS football and street fighting. My solution is to build bikes where I sit back almost in a recumbent position. Many cruisers are built close to this, raising the seat keeps my knees from having to bend too far. Like most older guys (I'm 58) if I could lose the pudge around the middle I'd be better off. But I'm still in better shape then 95% of my classmates. 40th reunion this year, at the 35th I saw a bunch of old men and felt sorry for their wives, lol. We still ride on!

Carl.

Carl, they key to riding bikes (except recumbents), for us old guys AND young guys, is never ride or build a bike where your knees get higher than your hips.....Seat low for show...Seat high to fly.

^ Riding position is very important for physics and physique. I often skip the 'low to show' in favor of having my bikes at the ready for whenever I need to jump on and ride. I probably lose 5 or more votes that way when it comes time for the voting booth. But I RiDe oN!

How is the Pyola coming along?

Life and health keep getting in the way..haven't given up yet.

Good luck brother. BTW, Steve posted a calendar cover pic of RATS-ALT on FB. When I went to find your build and finished threads from BO6, all of your photo links are busted :(
If there were a group of bikes that I would consider "Signature RRB Builds" this one would definitely be in that group!!!!

36002556_2028482983836880_8314460745458778112_n.jpg

stalin.jpg

Latest posts

Back