RAMCHARGERS DRAG BIKE REVISITED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
It's been 3 years now? I finally got the parachute! I made the bracket yesterday and packed the chute today. Not an easy task to pack one on a bike. Two people required. Next step is make the release lever and cable.
20180512_210835.jpg

20180513_204659.jpg

20180513_204750.jpg

Awesome addition!
I remember that build well!
One of the best drag inspired builds ever done on RRB in my opinion.

This build is finished! Rip cord easier to make and more practical. I was thinking making a lever and putting it on the seat post. Too much fab work to do. Easier and more practical in that I don't have to take my hand off the handlebars to pull the cord. I added a left hand mono brake lever. I routed the cable through the bike. The cable end that goes to the parachute I took and cut a piece of stock steel rod and drilled 3/4 through it and made another small hole on the side. Heated up the solder and passed the cable into it. It took a little bit of repositioning the cable to make sure it pulled the pin out when I squeezed the lever. It will work... I hope. I may wait until after the show to try it out. I'll make sure to record it.
DSCN2605.jpg

DSCN2610.jpg

DSCN2608.jpg

DSCN2602.jpg

DSCN2604.jpg

Is the chute spring loaded to assist with it deploying?

Is the chute spring loaded to assist with it deploying?
Yes! A big spring. It takes two to load it. One to hold the bike while I pack and push the spring in.

Love it! Still one of my favorite bikes of all time.

Latest posts

Back