The Seymour Strider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
So, I entered into the Build Off, posted one update, and then never posted again. With that in mind, I won't even bother to link to the old thread. Besides, I'm certain you wouldn't see anything, as they were Photobucket linked pics, may they rot in Hades.

I'm building a custom strider bike for my grandson, who will be two at the end of this year. But more importantly, I hope for it to be an heirloom, passed down to all Seymour toddlers over the generations. It will be a tiny boardtracker, and it will have a tank plate with "Seymour Strider" lettered on it. I'm going to have it powder coated, and pinstriped. In short, I won't mind if it gets beat up over the years, but I also want it to be a sweet little bike.

Here's the starting donor bike. Got it at a flea market for $8.
IMG_5446.JPG

Last weekend, I finally started the proper work on it, shaping the frame.
IMG_5702.JPG

And tonight, I finished the frame, and made it a roller.
IMG_5714.JPG

Next will be the tank plate, and then to decide if the bars it came with are good enough, or if I have to make custom ones.

And she's finished. Powder coated, then pinstriped and lettered by Ray the Vulture. While I'm loving 90% of this thing, I'm now a little worried that the bars may be a little low for a toddler. I haven't boxed it up to send it yet, as I'm waffling on whether to change them or not.
IMG_6014.JPG

IMG_6015.JPG

IMG_6016.JPG

IMG_6017.JPG

I know I'm late to the party, but maybe you could borrow a kid for test fitting.

Thanks for the reminder to post, I went ahead and flipped the bars. I didn't want to wait to get the bars re-powder coated, so I just painted them black. Anyhoo, here it is now:
IMG_6154.JPG

IMG_6155.JPG

Latest posts

Back