Big John

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wasn't going to enter this year, but as it turned out I've been working off and on on this stretch for the last 2 months. The frame and many of the parts came from a friend of mine Tim Moore. The frame was welded up using 3 different frames by a good friend of his George Henry. I faux patinaed it, modified the fenders, recovered the seat, modified the bars, cut and bobbed the front fender, and added a few accessories. Not my biggest build to date but a great look and a great rider! I'm dedicating this build to a Buddy of mine who recently went home to His Father, I call it "Big John".

Last edited:
Ya got about three hours left!..This will definitely be the "fastest" bike built for a build off.

The original mock up, just didn't work.

Attachments

• IMG_1871.JPG
    IMG_1871.JPG
    702.6 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_1873.JPG
    IMG_1873.JPG
    631.1 KB · Views: 265
I have been working on it, for the last two months. Wasn't sure I'd have it finished in time.
Never doubted it for a minute...Get some pics in the "Finished Bikes" before 10:00PM central time.

I would've followed this bike daily...Absolutely COOL.

Honestly doesn't quite fit the parameters of the build off rules, but I like it.

Honestly doesn't quite fit the parameters of the build off rules, but I like it.
I wondered about putting it up at the last minute, but had seen that others also had so I figured it was allowed. Have been posting the entire time on Facebook site. And the build was not started before May 1st. If the admin decide it's not allowable than I will withdraw it. Thanks for the kind words

I personally have no issue with it, I mean there's a bike that was started before the build off in the finished thread.
No one cares about it, but it's not on my list of possible vote getters because of that.

I figure if there's a "paper trail" on this that doesn't start before May first, then you're good.

Welcome to the fray Mark. Always cool to see your builds on FB. You should post them over here more often.
Cool stretcher!

I personally have no issue with it, I mean there's a bike that was started before the build off in the finished thread.
No one cares about it, but it's not on my list of possible vote getters because of that.

I figure if there's a "paper trail" on this that doesn't start before May first, then you're good.
I purchased the frame from a friend about 2 months ago he had it welded up previously but never built it. It would be the same as purchasing a frame and building it up. Pretty much unless you're a frame builder all frames would have been produced before the May 1st start. But I do understand your concern.

Dude, that's not too bad. I like the stretch on it for sure. It has that rat rod, low ride look and all stretched out too. That's really nice. I would like to ride that on some of our bike roads down here in SC.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Dude, that's not too bad. I like the stretch on it for sure. It has that rat rod, low ride look and all stretched out too. That's really nice. I would like to ride that on some of our bike roads down here in SC.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Where in S.C.? I'm just over the border in Hendersonville NC and my daughter lives in Charleston.

Latest posts

Back