Emory score

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
An Emory popped up on my local CL. Pics were bad, had flat mtb bars and a crusty seat. swapped those real quick. From what I gather, this seams to be an earlier one, via the forks. I believe the 'later' (80s) had tubular forks. I don't know much about Emorys, except I dig the lines. I've never seen one pop up near me. Was happy to grab it for the price I got it for.

image1 (8).JPG

image2 (5).JPG

Since the pic I swapped the steel wheels for some aluminum ones. It'll get a makeover soon. I have gold hoops, stem, chainring, and chain that I think might work well on it. Possibly a fork swap to tubular to give it a more 'strand' vibe.

Love the double mid bars on these Emory's along with the Ashtabula forks

Nice!
Does the head badge say "hand built" or "robot built"? With the Ashtabula forks I'll agree with you, an early Emory. It was well worth the money when bought new because of the craftsmanship. The frame looks like a Rollfast because they started out in 1976 with the tooling from what was left of Rollfast (Snyder). I had one of those early ones, excellent quality.

1918392_193638121736_2971409_n.jpg

Nice!
Does the head badge say "hand built" or "robot built"? With the Ashtabula forks I'll agree with you, an early Emory. It was well worth the money when bought new because of the craftsmanship. The frame looks like a Rollfast because they started out in 1976 with the tooling from what was left of Rollfast (Snyder). I had one of those early ones, excellent quality.

View attachment 55449
Most of what I'd gathered was from an older post where you dropped some knowledge Wildcat. The head badge says hand built. My guess is between '76-'79

Did you pick this up off CL in SoCal? If so, I offered this guy more than what he was asking to send it to me. I've been trying to track down a Mojave Sand Cruiser for more than a year.

Have fun with it.

Did you pick this up off CL in SoCal? If so, I offered this guy more than what he was asking to send it to me. I've been trying to track down a Mojave Sand Cruiser for more than a year.

Have fun with it.
I did yes. No phone number, I sent three emails before I got a reply. Pretty bad photos and listed with a diamondback mtb. And I got it for less then what was the asking price...

Latest posts

Back