Trashy Lady

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this guard recently from a fellow member. Little too much white, so I added a little color.
IMG_1766.JPG

Brush painted some gray paint I had laying around.
IMG_1767.JPG

Was too long, so I ended up trimming it up a little.
IMG_1769.JPG

Got a Monark springer from another member here, ended up being a little too long. I'm gonna add some more threads and try to cut a little off the ends. Got a 5$ die from our local hardware store and completed the springer. Have the correct die for the headtube on its way from eBay.

Here's a link to a great tutorial from the CABE. http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/shortening-the-monark-springer.80488/

IMG_1768.JPG

Love that fender work and that guard
The panel inserts are cool too

Another 'yes' on the panel inserts! If they are 'too pink', you can always dial it down a bit with a light spray of a couple muted colors. For red hues, I like the Rustoleum Satin Strawflower (it's a very muted yellow, closer to white than yellow). Tape off your frame with blue 3M tape, stand way back, and give it a light mist.

Then to add some rust to blend in with that awesome frame patina, do the same over the Strawflower with the Multi-color Texture Autumn Brown spray. It's scary at first, but the results are usually very rat-isfying!

satin straw flower.jpg

autumn brown.jpg

Last edited:
Another 'yes' on the panel inserts! If they are 'too pink', you can always dial it down a bit with a light spray of a couple muted colors. For red hues, I like the Rustoleum Satin Strawflower (it's a very muted yellow, closer to white than yellow). Tape off your frame with blue 3M tape, stand way back, and give it a light mist.

Then to add some rust to blend in with that awesome frame patina, do the same over the Corn Flower with the Multi-color Texture Autumn Brown spray. It's scary at first, but the results are usually very rat-isfying!

View attachment 52854
View attachment 52855
Awesome tip bud, might give it a shot.

Finally got back to it. Just got back from a week in Jamaica. My younger sister got married there. 35 years old and first time on a plane. Trying to finish my forks. I'm using a modern wheelset, so had to widen the gap for the bigger axle. I've used this bit a bunch of times, it's the perfect size. Just let it work itself down.
IMG_1789.JPG

Fits good.
IMG_1791.JPG

Ok, head tube was a little long, so I got this dye from eBay. I've replaced tubes by cutting off an old one and welding it on, but takes me forever and I can't weld for crap. This way was a whole lot easier.

Threaded it down maybe 1/2 an inch.
IMG_1783.JPG
IMG_1785.JPG

Mounted it to see how much to cut. I just kinda lined it up with the nut I was gonna use and marked it.
IMG_1786.JPG

Screwed these together below my mark and got the sawzall on it.
IMG_1787.JPG
IMG_1788.JPG

Didn't think about how much of the struts to cut, figured I had to shorten them evenly so I took the end of the tube and made a mark.
IMG_1790.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1790.JPG
    IMG_1790.JPG
    317.1 KB · Views: 211
How much was the die? Did you get the big die holder as well?

Those dies on eBay are great, I used a pipe wrench and a tree limb to thread the fork on setback. Tree limb because I don't have a good vise.

Bike is looking good, dig the story you put to it. Kind of like going to a bar in my town.

Those dies on eBay are great, I used a pipe wrench and a tree limb to thread the fork on setback. Tree limb because I don't have a good vise.

Bike is looking good, dig the story you put to it. Kind of like going to a bar in my town.
Tree limb? Love that, using what you got. Very resourceful.

Got my fork mounted finally.
IMG_1867.JPG

Crusty bars came in.
IMG_1866.JPG

Was trying to figure the from fender out, decided to just cut the rear fender it came with into a front fender. Still have to mount the brace for it, but mounted it to the fork and found there was too much room between the fender and tire. Threaded the springer rods down some more and took the spacers out of the springer to shorten the front part to move the tire up a little to close the gap some. Forgot about the pics though.
IMG_1868.JPG

Few more things done. The old girl's almost ready. She's going out again tonight like she always does. She's finished dressing, she's now in the mirror putting on the finishing touches. Tonight's gonna be the night.
IMG_1874.JPG

Fender's now mounted. She's been wearing the same old clothes forever. She's desperate to find the right guy.
IMG_1873.JPG

Not quite there, but it won't be long. Needs a few more accessories to really pop.
IMG_1872.JPG

Latest posts

Back