I'm entering my Abteilung Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of one of those, but it would look pretty sick "sitting on a park bench"

This will give you a better idea I did a quick mock up today . I had a set of peek bars and I put them on to see how they look .
I have to say I like the way they flow with the rest of the bike .
For the wheels I will change them most likely but still keep it three speed . I wanted an Alfine 8 but I this this will be just fine .
As for colors I have not decided yet im thinking Silver but it's early yet [emoji4]
8d40e24f264eebb9c3091a94c09ca053.jpg
2858d6f5b18a3f234e42d8e939c75775.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stickers? They gotta go. I'm wondering what a clear red would look like over the pink... cool frame though.
Sitting on a park bench...:rofl:

Carl.

You are right about the curves of the Peek bars flowing well with the frame!
I like the funky fork offset at the top of the headtube.
Do you have that canti seatpost that is in the pic that Barry posted?

you guys really like that Pink?
I could only ride a pink bike if it were overly cool. And it couldn't be a daily thing for me. Just not my color. Pink Being rare is still pink. ( had this conversation with a friend about a pink hemi GTX in a box years ago...)

Personally, if I were for me, I would layer a clear, then overlay it with the color of my choosing...

My 0.02, do the color the frame tells you to paint it...

Building..... Riding.....

you guys really like that Pink?
Translucent red over pink as a base coat is not pink anymore. I'm thinking it'd be an electric red, shoot some thick clear over that for some depth.

Carl.

I could only ride a pink bike if it were overly cool. And it couldn't be a daily thing for me. Just not my color. Pink Being rare is still pink. ( had this conversation with a friend about a pink hemi GTX in a box years ago...)

Personally, if I were for me, I would layer a clear, then overlay it with the color of my choosing...

My 0.02, do the color the frame tells you to paint it...

yeah but the FM3 code pink for Plymouth is way cooler i had a challenger that color it was bad ... !

yeah but the FM3 code pink for Plymouth is way cooler i had a challenger that color it was bad ... !
Cool names as well. Panther Pink, and Moulin Rouge.. I like to see them as a rarity. A few in the local club, no b bodies that color but 3 or so ebodies and an a body. Given my choice...

Anyhow, The more I look at the stickerless frame, the more I like it. You can do some pretty cool things with it. ;-)

So they are only making 50 of these at 1000 a pop for the frames.With shipping worldwide.
Curious what number is yours? ..../50
Interesting frame not sure if I like it,hate it or love it. Certainly a head turner.
Here is one with a tank.
DSC01302.JPG

Change the color,looks like someone else requested the pink.
spiez_06-50_01a.jpg

Will be watching this build and see how it ends up.
Here is 18/50 on tour.
12907433_579565785532043_181214000_n.jpg

And here she was in her glory at
TCS Camping Solothurn Switzerland
10005641_469458496512470_2032475983_n.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back