Ohio Wind Storm

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anybody else get hit by the wind storm yesterday? Part of my roof was torn off. A bunch of my neighbors lost siding and there are trees down everywhere. 687,000 homes lost electric yesterday. On my drive to work today all the lights were out a big tree was blocking my regular route to work. I know it is not as bad a the Ike aftermath, but here in Ohio it took us by suprise. fortunatly there is no rain in the immediate forecast.

Wow...that's pretty crazy.

What's even more crazy is that we here in Dallas had Ike go by us about 50 miles to the east and all we got was some light rain.

we had limbs down left and right here in southern illinois from wind/rain yesterday morning but thats about the extent of it.
it was definatley blowing your way though

the winds knocked out power to hamilton,middletown,franklin.some in middletown are going on there fourth day,there is no power for gas stations,no ice ,what power that is on there is no internet.it affected 3000 square miles.some will be without power til this weekend.there are power workers from north carolina and everywhere.

I sat outside and watched the whole thing. Tons of fallen trees (whole trees, not limbs) we lost power until monday. I have never been in a dry hurricane, it was definitely a storm to remember. Hope all is well with you local folks affected by it, and to all who experienced Ike.

I was actually at the Bengals game for the whole thing. At first we thought the strong winds were just the combination of the Bengals Sucking and all the fans Booing.

GTCOMA said:
I was actually at the Bengals game for the whole thing. At first we thought the strong winds were just the combination of the Bengals Sucking and all the fans Booing.

Brilliant.

we got hit

still some people around me w/o power (as of 9/23)
we even got a day off school!

Latest posts

Back