• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1 1/8 threadless headsets machined for your old frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That's right kiddies, these are still on the menu. And yes, these will adapt that threadless fork to your old school threaded headtube (standard BMX/ballon tire sizing anyway, not for roadie sets).

TASTE THE RAINBOW! RED-BLUE-GOLD-BLACK-SILVER. These are a no-name/non-logo Asian import, but that keeps the price friendly. Tested these on a couple bikes and though inexpensive, they seem to be decent quality. SEALED CARTRIDGE BEARINGS, compatible with 'Campy Standard' integral race forks (green available S/O, but I'm not stocking it at this time).

$30 shipped (domestic)

s-l160058688f650f.jpg

For you guys wanting something heavier duty, the most popular choice has been the FSA The Pig DH Pro. GIGANTIC 3/16 lower bearings with a cromo cup and a trim upper alloy cup.
SEALED CARTRIDGE BEARINGS. Black or Chrome/silver, NOT NOT NOT compatible with integral race forks. Your fork must take the normal slip-on race.

s-l1600-1586890b6e3.jpg

$60 shipped (domestic)

PM for details, frames vary more than you'd think, especially the older ones, so these are custom made to fit your application. I'll machine your existing set for $20 (including return shipping) if you have a favorite sitting on the shelf and would like to use that.

PP [email protected]

@chattymatty turned down a Tange LAV-82 set for me, and polished it. Custom-fit for a Worksman INB; I provided the headtube specs. Perfect fit, excellent work.... i recommend Matty's headset service 100%.... buy with confidence, y'all.

Hope you still have the specs for the INB, I'm gonna need a headset this summer.

Latest posts

Back