Motorized mongoose beast powered by poulan

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got several projects going right now, my favorite of these is my beloved fatbike who I've put together several good ideation so back and forth do I take it e bike or gas until finally while in Home Depot I saw the solution on sale in the form of a cheap poulan chainsaw 42 cc. $139 a bargain and turns out a perfect fit. Next is replace the crankset with a dual freewheel

Last edited:
image.jpeg

Next in the build
I've got several projects going right now, my favorite of these is my beloved fatbike who I've put together several good ideation so back and forth do I take it e bike or gas until finally while in Home Depot I saw the solution on sale in the form of a cheap poulan chainsaw 42 cc. $139 a bargain and turns out a perfect fit.
tt

Motor should be fine but I'd go with a clutch assembly. No way I'd go direct drive on the crank even with a freewheel.

Guitarl.

sent from a banana phone...

Motor should be fine but I'd go with a clutch assembly. No way I'd go direct drive on the crank even with a freewheel.

Guitarl.

You can use a freewheel crank, which I think is what is planned...

Guitarl.

Just thought I would mention that the chainsaw motor does have a centrifugal clutch.
The first motorized bike I rode had a McCullough
chainsaw motor on it with a crank sprocket mounted/welded to the rear hub...scary fast, bad brakes and loud as heck....."Oh to be young and bold again" !
Mark

Thea's I'm trying to engineer my freewheeling dual sprocket crank to fit this weird ... bottom bracket on the beast

Latest posts

Back