I'm in.... The New 700Club (1913 Premier)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skipton

Come out and ride with The Chicago TailDraggers!
Pro Member
Reaction score
It's been way to long since I participated in a Build Off....
So Let's Do This!!

I have a cool 1913 Premiere Cycles 28" motorbike frame..
And some parts from my Club29er build.
Coaster brake deepvs with custom painted hubs...
This build is more a rebuild then anything else.
Headset, Fork and stem are soaking in PB Blaster right now.
Next step is to get the stem and fork off.
Thanks for looking!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I like this style of frame a lot. Is that bottom bracket a common modern size? Seems like some of these early motobikes have a different one.

Carl.

sent from a banana phone...

"Very Cool" I don't know what it is with these early motor bike frames but they just keep poppin' up around here :39::113:
Following this one !
Mark
Thanks!! :thumbsup:

I like this style of frame a lot. Is that bottom bracket a common modern size? Seems like some of these early motobikes have a different one.

Carl.

Looks like a standard American bottom bracket... But you are right some of these old frames and a slightly smaller size... I'll see if a American cup fits.

I believe Premier was a brand used by Mead.

Good to know :thumbsup:

"Very Cool" I don't know what it is with these early motor bike frames but they just keep poppin' up around here :39::113:
Following this one !
Mark
They certainly have a classic style frame. Something sleek for their time.

Thanks for all the love everyone.

Good news after letting the PB Blaster soak in the steam and fork came right off.

And the fork I want to use fits. The steer tube will need a trim.

Also bottom bracket is a standard America BB.

That's good news so I can use my "new" sealed bearing bottom bracket and spline drive crank set.

More to come soon
Thanks for looking
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

How's it going on this build?

[emoji450]

They certainly have a classic style frame. Something sleek for their time.
I think these style frames, one of which I have built up to ride, and a Hawthorn Flyer that is in the works, ride most excellent. This simple, functional frame form, if made well and undamaged, are worthy Rats, and are a ripe for resto-mod performance builds, particularly if a 26Ballooner.
Eternally so a very sleek & favorite design. :thumbsup:..

Nice that the modern drivetrain fits so no worries about old skiptooth chain and finding compatible sprockets. I don't know if it's the old geometry meant for undeveloped old roads or the tubing or what, but I'm sure that thing will be a really smooth ride!

Latest posts

Back