1964 Scwhinn ladies bike....what model?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am in the process of restoring this bike for my uncle as a Valentine's surprise for his wife. The serial number is D444665 so I know the year is 1964, but not sure on the model. I just realized that the upper bar has some tabs on the bottom of it which I am guessing is for a slimline tank. Can I look for anything else that can help me find the model so I can make sure I repaint it the original color, which I think is blue. Below is a crappy screen shot of a video I made. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 159
Looking at the catalog, it's probably a Deluxe American. The Fiesta is very similar, but it has a headlight, so there would be holes in the front fender, and also it has painted fenders instead of chrome like yours. The seat is different too, yours looks like the one on the Deluxe American. The Deluxe also was supposed to have a chrome trimmed chain guard, it may show under the repaint. The Fiesta didn't. Both had the same rear carriers, yours is a newer one.
They both came in the same color. Blue or White/Rose. Removing the fork (it has a very slight bend backward) will show the original color on the inside tube. If you pull the cranks, the inside of the bottom bracket will show the original color too.
Best bet is if you can sand down the chain guard little by little to see the model name.

It's a good bike to build. Good luck with it.
From the 64 catalog:
1964_1617.jpg

Thanks Wildcat. I do believe it is an American Deluxe. The chain guard is chrome and the inside of the bottom bracket is blue (Radiant?). I like the red that it was repainted at one time, but it wasn't a great paint job so my uncle may want me to repaint it to it's original color. Is there a place online where I can get the paint code?

Latest posts

Back