Schwinn Exorciser w/ VIDEO update

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in with this pile I picked up back in November. I was going to save it for the big BO but I want this one to be ready so I can get some exorsizing in on it by Spring.

20161118_210229.jpg

Last edited:
I got this project from a guy who was cleaning out his Dad's estate and these are all the bike parts he could find in the garage. Mostly a Schwinn Panther but its missing a lot and got several extra parts. This is a mock up to give me somewhere to start from.

The front fender in the pile was an old rain gutter so I replaced it with a rough black one I had laying around. Not sold on it though, I will be keeping my eye open for something better.

And Luke..... you might be onto something.:thumbsup:

Exorsizing or Exercising?
:39:
Cool starting point!

Last edited:
Great bones! If you need another headlight setup similar to the one I did for Riverside Hoodride, let me know, I've got everything unpacked from my move and noticed I have some of those brackets and a cool old cop spotlight that's itchin' to be used if you're interested.

Great bones! If you need another headlight setup similar to the one I did for Riverside Hoodride, let me know, I've got everything unpacked from my move and noticed I have some of those brackets and a cool old cop spotlight that's itchin' to be used if you're interested.
I will send you a message, but yes I am interested. That last light was killer and I'm so far uncommitted to any other plan for a light. SWEET!

Since the fenders are blacked out I figure the grips and seat should be black as well. The grips are some age appropriate scripts, although I believe this bike would have had red/orange grips originally. For the seat I decided to try the one that came with the parts and I kind of like it. Likely off an old English 3 speed but I really like the crash rail for this build. About 75% sure I'm going to keep it.

I had plans to do some "actual real work" on the bike last night but I hadnt realized that the stem was stuck. Going to soak and hammer for the next day or 3 and then its on!

Since the fenders are blacked out I figure the grips and seat should be black as well. The grips are some age appropriate scripts, although I believe this bike would have had red/orange grips originally. For the seat I decided to try the one that came with the parts and I kind of like it. Likely off an old English 3 speed but I really like the crash rail for this build. About 75% sure I'm going to keep it.

I had plans to do some "actual real work" on the bike last night but I hadnt realized that the stem was stuck. Going to soak and hammer for the next day or 3 and then its on!
Grab the torch!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

The stem is loose and something good came in the mail. @Missing Link hooked me up with a light and one of his springer brackets, same set up as I used on the Riverside Hoodride. I need to re-do the guts but cosmetically it is ready to go!

Next on the list is to fork up the front end a bit. If I get what I want done there and I catch up with a buddy for some tires then I can start really putting things together.

Hmm, Exorsizer you say. I'm liking it. A Constantine themed bike could be pretty awesome.

Guitarl.

sent from a banana phone...

Moving right along.... got everything from the cord forward put together on the light. Missing one little bit and then I should have it set up in the tank in no time.

Latest posts

Back