YIPPY !! Bikes, Bikes Bikes !!!!! WAHoooooooo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey ya all !!!!
Whats the buzz ... tell me what's happening !
I'm new here
My nickname is the wingman.
I Have a Bicycle problem ... hee hee hee.
Im 52 years old
I'm 5 foot 14 inches tall / 176 lbs.
Married, mortage, kids, kitty cats
NOT GAY
I have been in the Sacramento area now for a little over 24 years now , a transplant from Mendicino County, CA.

I spent the last 8 years helping to support various nostalga Nitromeathane powerd Hot Rods. Currently on the sidelines with too much time on my hands, messing round with home remodeling & OLD bicycles.

All last year I spent the summer back & forth between Sacramento & Las Vegas as Crew Chief of the Vegas Heat Racing Mini Sattilite Funny car & the year prior to that as crew chief on the Nitrocharger Funny car.
Both can be vied at the following .... Nitrocharger.com ..& at Vegas Heat Racing.com .

I have been in & about Cars, Hotrods & bicycles since I was 13 years old .

I currently work part time here in Sacramento for Rex Hutchingson Race Engines as the senior machinest... when the going gets rough I get called to work. I have worked on & off for Rex & Glenn for the past 20 years.

I can run pretty much any type of equiptment metalworking, automotive Or Aerospace . I can pretty much weld any type of metals including Alumimum , Stainless , Mag & Titanium ...Im a Prototype Machinest

I have parts in underwater labs offshore, had a hand in the first robotic Hip Transplant machine Prototyping
have parts on the Starwars Missle .defence system & have built parts for justabout every light rail system in america .

one of my strong points is being able to build something from conversation & no print .......bringing ideas to life.

I recieved my nickname repairing the Canard Wings on the Foothill FlyerTop Fuel Dragster, everytime super hero driver Glenn Hutchison would hit a timming cone with one of the wings.

I have WAY TO MANY interest & Ideas LOL. ( Hobbies )

They Include

Old VW Stuff ... Have lots of it
Hotwheels Have a room full of it LOL approx 500 Treasure Hunts alone
Oh Yea Old Bicycles
My Pretty Wife
Billards
Aircraft
Sandrails & Quads .... The Oreagon Dunes ..Ahhhhhhhhhhh
Slot Car Dragracing
Old Look & Life VW magazine adds
A Good BBQ Or BBQ gathering
Good Conversation
Good Mexican Import Beer ( Modello Espical is the kine )
Most anything EXECPT Poy, Hawian
& WAY WAY To much more to list here .

List of bikes Ive built in the last 5 months

Electra Black Cruizer ... purchased 4 the wheels
1960's Columbia Tandem single speed Rat
Mystry Bike rat
1940 something two bar schwinn something almost rideable
pre war huffy girls 24 inch .... Work in progress
My first Schwinn Custom wich the Kaufer Dude.. ( Adam ) built. .....Im blaming the bike thing on him LOL.
My Second one of the new Re pop Schwinn SS Girls bike with 50/50 popcicle colors ... again its Adams Fault ... Couldn't hardly leave Lou Lou behind.
Seriously considering opening up a Bicycle RE Cycling center

I would like to help or have a hand in Orginizing Rides or Ride Pic Nicks in the Sacramento area.

Well that sums it up in a nut shell. I might add that I'm Photo challanged .... posting photos has always been a chalange to me for some reason .... oh well cant do it all .

SOOOOOO am I welcome to hang out here ????

OK that about covers it .... gota run up to the gold country gona buy a motorized bike with a round cylinder head on it . oh boy .... YIPPY lol.

Running long here so gota go now ... get more done.

Best wishes to all,

Wingman / Stephen Knight

" This Is Wingmanleader Headed Back To Base ........ Watch for Bogies ..... OUT "

hey steve there ya are. it is funny all the talk we do back and forth and i never knew you were into vw's. you know i have a 67 that i am getting ready to setup no fender hehe. anyways good to have you on board now get to posting some pics of your rides heck i have not even seen them all.

Whatever became of Dave Riolo and Bob Bunker ? Saw Bunker's beast at a test and tune but nothing of Riolo ? I used to crew on the Mansu's Wicked Sensation 48' Fiat in Super Comp. Welcome !!!

Hey I use to live in Rasintown !! .... Lived on Shaw Ave across from the Fresno State Collage Sign in some appts.
My Uncle Johnny still lives in Fresno. We use to go to the Kerny Bowl to watch the Midgets & out to Clovis to watch the Super Modifieds all the time. Cherry Street was also a happing thing every weekend

I can't tell you about Dave Riollo BUT I can tell you that I had lunch just last friday with Bob Bunker & the rest of the crew at Rex's Racing.... It was Bobs last day at Rex's .... He has retired.

Latley coffe haas really ben upsetting me tummy ... cutting back .... the Yippy deal is just my alterd ego smiling LOL YIPPY !

Thanks everyone & Im looking forward to a future with everyone here .

Oh yea just drove 4 hours to take delivery on a MOTORIZED bicycle ...LOL Its a 80 CC deal . The bike & motor cost me $ 150.00 + gas , Ice cream & a great afternoon traveling to Sanora with my wife Lou Lou . It had a broken bolt & I got the deal . YIPPY

Again thanks everyone for making me feel welcome here.

Stephen / Wingman

Wingman Leader Back To Base .... Out

Welcome, this place is quite the addiction I was just curious about what part of Mendocino county you lived in as I am in Lake County and I used to work in Ukiah as a automotive machinist and I also have about 10,000 Hot Wheels darn little rolling things,

I was Born in Ukiah.
My Father was what ya could call a hooligan ..... he rode his harley thru the front window of a little Ice Cream shop named Fentons to meet me mom for the first time & ask her 4 a date. Fentons was just north on the same side as Its A Grind , just before the creek on N State St.
After the entire Japanese Emperial Navy tried to get him during the war, he was a logger in the ukiah area .... it was a roughneck world & he fit rite in.
The Big Redwood Log that you see at the forestry display at the Ukiah fairgrounds was deliverd to the site buy .... yep me dad. I didn't know this till I was going thru his artifacts after death & found photos of him , truck W/load in tow at that site on the fairgrounds unloading it.
Lived all up & down the west coast ... LA to Seattle... Returned to live in Ukiah my freshman year of high school
Graduated Ukiah Hi in 1974 ....
My father ( Big ED ) had a VW repair faciality on south state street called Big Eds Bug House...
The bug house was were Jims muffler is now.... Lou Fagen had his machine shop rite behind dads shop.
Herb Gregory was one of Lous pets at the time .... Herb was a Big shot stock car guy there at Ukiah & Lakeport speedways . Herb fielded a 56 2 door chevy ... I think & it was the year a Ford won the Super Modified Championship against the likes of Bob Campbell & others for the NCRA championship.
The racetrack at Lakeport did NOT have a whiteline deviding it
You could still sandrail over on the coast at 10 mile beach.... NO Moe
You could still drive all the way up to Big Flat on the Black Sand Beach at Shelter Cove ... No moe
Met me wife in Potter Valley ...
Married her at a little church that had been built entirely from salvadged pallets & wood during WW2. The church still stands across fron the Ukiah park pool wich is next door to the golf coarse.......;........

Oh yes those were the days ...... half my friends are either dead or in prison & the other half managed to power thru it all & make succesfull lives for them selves.
I moved away from Potter Valley & the area the same year C.A.M.P. started Flying .

OK there ya go ... WAYYYYYYYY to much more than you should know about me...... & yes I have Very Long Hair to this day LOL

Wingman Out

Wow !!! thats too cool, just for that here's a little of my history first off I was raised in Hayward I lived out by the National Guard at the airport, the block behind me contained a little shop of Ford racers called the Souza Brothers they had a Willy's at one time along with an early FX Mustang when I was a kid that Sunday evenings were the test and tune down Industrial Blvd when I finally got to driving I got into Buick Gran Sports because nobody knew much about them or how fast they really were and cheap to pick up. But I did get smoked hard by this kid that worked for Souza in a 67 Mustang fast back 390 car against my 72 Stage One but it was still fun.I ended up working for Super Shops,Maier Racing,Carl Kuper Motors in San Leandro ahh good times I moved to Ukiah in 89 and Lake County in 99 someday I hope to finish my 72 Monte Carlo after my 40 bike projects!!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back