Mounted tire size on 26x65mm rims

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I recently bought some 65mm rims from Ind-Chuck, tried to use them with some BOA-G too wide for my Dyno cruiser (Look awesome though). They are a little over 3.25 inches wide inflated. Would anybody have any idea how wide some 26x3.0 tires would be mounted. Hopefully I have explained this well enough. Just would like to know if I should just sell rims or spend money on a new set of tires.

Thanks for any help or suggestions

I recently bought some 65mm rims from Ind-Chuck, tried to use them with some BOA-G too wide for my Dyno cruiser (Look awesome though). They are a little over 3.25 inches wide inflated. Would anybody have any idea how wide some 26x3.0 tires would be mounted. Hopefully I have explained this well enough. Just would like to know if I should just sell rims or spend money on a new set of tires.

Thanks for any help or suggestions

You should hit Chuckz up for a SHD frame.... those have room for gigantic rubber!

Will post pictures today when I get home. Got some RUFF CYCLE 26x3.0 tires they were still to wide to fit my Dyno. So I have a whole lot of cash into a set of rims and tire I cannot use until I find another frame that will accept something this wide. Live and learn to just leave stuff well enough alone. Keeping the BOA-g and std rims have put back on Dyno.

That is what I found out to late, just do not possess the skills required to do that. I have reinstalled the BOA-G's back on std rims. Will keep looking for a frame that will accept the rims, or somebody might get a real good deal on them someday.

Couldn't you stretch a narrower true to give it a low profile and no sidewall bulge? I'm sure I've seen someone here stretch a quick brick across one. It may be a pain to get the bead to seat but should work.
That is also a possibility just too much cash tied up in this right now, saw a pic somewhere that someone had put Thick slicks on some 65mm rims had to have been a real chore to get them on but looked really good.

Thanks for the suggestion

Yes I have determined that the 65mm rims will not work on my dyno glide which has the same frame. Going to try and used on a different frame with smaller size tires.

is it an early frame?they were ade fore 2.125 tires,the later frames that took the 24by 3 inch rear tire have wider frame stays

I believe the dyno frame is a late 90's currently have BOA-g's mounted on stock rims. Not a whole bunch of room but enough. Will use the 65mm on a different frame.

Latest posts

Back