79 SCHWINN SPITFIRE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
This one was on Ebay last week in Florida. Been looking for a set of these gold wheels for a while now. Started a conversation with the seller and we worked out a deal. Had him drop it off at my friend Ed Ferri's place....Planet BMX to be packed and shipped. They did a great job and also included a set of tires and tubes. Looking forward to giving it the magic Texas water treatment and adding a few other period correct touches.

spitfire001.jpg

spitfire004.jpg

Attachments

• spitfire002.jpg
    spitfire002.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 239
  • spitfire003.jpg
    spitfire003.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 258
Saw that bike being sold along with another bike. Glad you were able to get the owner to split the pair! Should be a nice addition to the newly formed Strandie forum! Jealous!

Are there any updated pics on this great find? Also, are the spokes 12g? Rims are Ukai? This is such a cool find!

Wheels, seat clamp and seat post went on another Schwinn cruiser which got traded to another member.

They were 12 gauge spokes with UKAI rims.

This one was on Ebay last week in Florida. Been looking for a set of these gold wheels for a while now. Started a conversation with the seller and we worked out a deal. Had him drop it off at my friend Ed Ferri's place....Planet BMX to be packed and shipped. They did a great job and also included a set of tires and tubes. Looking forward to giving it the magic Texas water treatment and adding a few other period correct touches.

View attachment 34502
View attachment 34505
I usually don't like newer bikes but that is sweet!

Latest posts

Back