Recent content by yoothgeye

1. yoothgeye

BO15 Beer Run

I love faux patinas and I’ve started to like shiny patina some. Let me speak some on oils, well just one. I was turned onto boiled linseed oil in this forum. I used it on a true rust patina on a 56 JC Higgins. I knocked the crust off with steel wool and then wiped it down. Years later the...
  2. yoothgeye

BO15 Donkey Kong Loves Dubstep

Maybe I need photos of it beside 26” cruisers to really show how ridiculous it looks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. yoothgeye

Early 1947 Chevy 1/2 ton truck. Bought as a chassis/cab with running gear. Original 216 inline 6 was swapped with a mid 50s 235 inline 6 somewhere along the way. It’s been sitting for 25+ years. I’m planning to build it with 39 Chevy front end, it will have a steel truck bed, but sheetmetal from...
  4. yoothgeye

2 days of rain has kept me inside away from bikes, though I did drive to Virginia to meet a buyer for a road bike today. I also looked at some parts for my other rat rod project I’m working on. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. yoothgeye

I’m struggling with the look of this bike, I thought it would look more cartoonish, but in photos the wheels almost look right. Right now I’m torn, make it shiny or make it ratty, ratty is my normal style but shiny matches this build better. Maybe I need to make my bars before I figure this...
  6. yoothgeye

Okay, we have a rider, the bars are just place holders, more to be added, this is bare bones. So, I put 32” Dubs on the bike and now it’s a Donk. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. yoothgeye

I cut the dropouts off of the BMX frame because I needed to lengthen the ones on my frame. I had it cleaned and clamped and ready to weld but I thought I would just drill and bolt them on to stay a little more true to this build category. The dropouts are ugly, but they work. Sent from...
  8. yoothgeye

I was hoping to show it on it’s wheels today but it started raining again. Before that, I was sacrificing a bike for its drop outs. RIP. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. yoothgeye

Waiting on some bolts to soak on an accessory so I gathered some bars to play with. And before I get out the cut-off wheel and welder for those I decided to get my chainwheel. Time to see if this thing is for show or go... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. yoothgeye

The patina on this frame is interesting. Hard to imagine this bike had a multi-stage paint job but the emerald paint is fading away to show a silver. The usual, WD-40 and 00 steel wool to preserve the patina but knock off the crusty stuff. Front wheel has tight clearance. Sent from...
  11. yoothgeye

I didn’t want to do the math, haha. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. yoothgeye

A bike I remember. I think the curves on the bullet drop Murray frames are better than any other. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. yoothgeye

I’m watching your foam tank build and scale cars. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. yoothgeye

Customer bike, they have this one and the next size up, bought when their kids were young over 20 years ago, she brought me this one to get going for their grandson. Fun thing, my 10 year old daughter loves it, but at $800 I’m not running out to buy a new one. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. yoothgeye

I guess I’m going to try to finish a bike this year, I’ve set a very low goal, so I should be finished and riding soon. I’m starting with a 1988 Murray Monterey cantilever frame with the bullet drop outs. I used an identical ‘76 frame in my first build-off many years ago. Ever since...