Recent content by Xafosx69

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. X

I need some wisdom you guys

One last update. Might throw the springers i got on it. I think it might throw it over the edge of too low to pedal comfortably lol
  2. X

Thanx my grampaw had a field day with me for that one kol
  3. X

Lol well it was a tossup between ones that look stock or these ones for another 30ish dollars more so
  4. X

Wellp heres an update on the bicycle yall helped me out with mostly finished apart from needing to order a new stem to actually accept the thinner bars soon.(i just shimmed it with a strip of old pool siding my grandpaw had lyin around lol. She aint nuttin fancy but i luv her
  5. X

Radio Flyer slammed wagon

Duuuude i need to keep this in mind because iv been pondering a slammed radio flyer for a while and it looks better than i thought it would
  6. X

I appreciate all the attention yall gave me on the thread. I should be gettin my parts in today.. im gonna rummage thru junkyards when they open and see if i can find any bullet style tail lights and old capped headlights. And maybe a seat made out of a stop sign lmfao too bad i alreadt bought a...
  7. X

Thats an interesting finish job to say the least it looks to be heated he didnt specify at least i didnt vatch it skimmin thru the thread. It didnt look as intense as id thought it would so maybe ill skip that. I also came to the conclusion im gonna shop around for my favorite brews in cans and...
  8. X

I was only asking to see if it would take a heat anodizing or patina scheme very well is all.
  9. X

I picked up a can of lacquer based ultra clear coat. But since so many people have suggested linseed oil i think im gonna get a can of that and rag it on instead oh and what kinda material would you assume the frames made out of? I was wondering if i could heat anodize the forks or somthing
  10. X

Ohh thats slick. So im guessing just normal clear coat won't stick very well due to no primer catalyst to grab onto. Powdercoat the only option im guessing
  11. X

Thanx duchess i appreciate everyones patience and hospitality here always weird feeling out new forums. American bb is a good sign those are easy to find stuff for. I was just gonna look into snagging up a caliper and preventing all these dumb questions. And surprisingly enough all the ball...
  12. X

Oooof. (Let my gut fall back out real quick):whew: on that note has anyone done a raw frame finish? Did yall actually use powdercoat clear? Or would a reputable rattle can clear coat suffice?
  13. X

Okay im new here (dont hit me please) i just acquired a sears spyder girls frame for 20$ other than that i cant really find any solid info about it, the year or anything else. They all seem to be the more popular cruiser frame and boys muscle bikes. I dont care about it being original because i...
Back