Recent content by Willie-D

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Willie-D

Install GIRVIN Forks on a FELT frame ?

SUPER BIG HELP!!! THANKS FELLAS! After all the parts ordered in, I was able to cobble together a solution and get it all clamped together & installed! Pics will be up shortly. PROBLEM SOLVED! THANKS! ~Will
  2. Willie-D

Install GIRVIN Forks on a FELT frame ?

UGH. I am learning - slowly, but, .... the learning curve is killing me... I had read where some other folks had installed GIRVIN Forks on their Felt Cruiser, so I thought that would be neat & LIGHTER too! I bought a set off of eBay after GIGMATA stopped snatching them all up! ;) #1- #2-...
  3. Willie-D

Felt Red Baron~MP Evo-mashification

I don't think I like the front forks. Them things are HEAVY! Maybe a Aluminum/Carbon fork or aluminum with some shock absorption....? ~Will
  4. Willie-D

Put it back together to check and see how it all works together:
  5. Willie-D

Felt Bicycle Pics

I feel like an awkward pre-teen amongst seasoned adults, with some of these beautiful bikes! Ya'll are an inspiration! ~Will
  6. Willie-D

(5 June) Alot happened over the past while, but back to working on the BD BIKE. I really liked the grenade shifter and how it turned out, BUT it's not RIGHT for a 1944 bike! So, I need to do up a MARK DEUCE PINEAPPLE grenade for a shifter knob! :rockout: I am planning on...
  7. Willie-D

Felt Bicycle Pics

Found the time to work on my Felt again. The next step was painting over those BEAUTIFUL Red Baron markings... :headbang: I am not very pleased with the SHARKS TEETH decal, so its going to get ripped off and PAINTED instead. I have a set of SWEET custom PRE-WAR bars coming from SENSOR /...
  8. Willie-D

Change out forks ?

Thanks IChopTop! Yep, both are 1 1/8 - I was wondering about the re-using the same bearings. I was looking at Crane Creek - and sized it up with the 10.EC34.Complete - I don't mind spening the money, but really don't have a clue bout "PRESSING RACES" and whether or not I need a RACE SETTER and...
  9. Willie-D

Fat tire MRAP build

I recommend the M69 practice grenade, it was easier to hollow out and notch for the Shimano shifter (IMHO). Mine in the cutting phase, slightly reminiscent of the Imperial Emblem from Star Wars: Here is how mine turned out: I deprimed the primer sleeve from the fuze, then counter bored...
  10. Willie-D

Change out forks ?

I have standard forks on my Felt Cruiser and I want to install el Guapo triple tree forks. QUESTION #1: What bearings, caps or other parts do I need to do this? The main threadless tubes appear to be 1 1/8 - QUESTION #2: so can I just reuse the bearings that were on the regular forks on the...
  11. Willie-D

Prevent Flat Cruiser Tires ?

Thanks folks! I looked up the Schwalbe tires but they are all 24x2.15 - I like the looks of the 24x3.0 I layered a tire liner, used heavier duty tubes and slimed the tires - we will see how that works! I may cut up some old tubes (that I that I have a few!) and layer a set in the tire too...
  12. Willie-D

(Sep 13) Fixed the flats with some nice new tubes from the local shop, some tire liner AND slime. Hopefully I am winning battle against flats. Time will tell. Then I decided to mount the head lights lower on the front rack, from something I saw here on Rat Rod - and I should have a USEABLE...
  13. Willie-D

racks for fat tire bikes

Hmm. Might have useful potential, especially when packing out an animal. The Viet Cong & NVA did a number with their bicycles, I am sure similar could be improvised to haul out an animal:
  14. Willie-D

(Sep 8) Still trying to fix the flats I collected a couple weeks ago! In the mean time I have decided on the M-69 Baseball Grenade shifter knob! I got the base further hollowed out and spline notches cut into it, but, need another fuze/bouchon as I cross threaded the last one and snapped it...
  15. Willie-D

Fat tire MRAP build

Looks GOOD!
Back