Recent content by Vipon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. V

Need help with a recent find... Its a 30s Aerocycle

put apes on it and a banana seat, maybe a 3 speed with a beer tap shifter Then pinstripe it.
  2. V

rear wheel makes a high pitched humming sound when coasting

+ 1 on above advice, rebuild the hub with new spring.
  3. V

GT timberline

i'm thinking 85, or 86. I have an 87 nice bike
  4. V

Shipping tips

call ahead on the bike shop We don't have room to keep them around, but i will save one back if they tell me when they are coming. if they want to charge for the box, go somewhere else (my competitor charges for them) Have the shop save everything from the bike they built, Foam bubble wrap fork...
  5. V

Bike shop said they can't remove my rear sprocket...help!!

I have to step in and defend the bike shops. My shop would have done it for you but we have been in business 40 years and seen pretty much everything. I learned how from the original owner who had the knowledge. Most shops these days would have never seen a skiptooth chain/sprocket. We are the...
  6. V

SOLD SOLD Jan 2016

Your killing me on that Phat,,,,,,,,,, going home to see what I can sell. Your in Savanna, right? maybe able to talk my wife into a romantic weekend,, and "accidentally" come home with a bike.
  7. V

(ORBO) Scrambler

had to wait on some parts to get to me, pics tomorrow.
  8. V

(ORBO) Scrambler

Thank's ,, my frame is on its way!!!
  9. V

Wally-World 26" BMX

That things pretty cool, ride it, break cheap parts, replace with better parts.
  10. V

(ORBO) Scrambler

So you can fit more loose balls in the shimano hub. 15 and 10.
  11. V

Road bike seat selection and opinion of WTB saddles.

I ride the Speed model above on my daily commuter, love it, I don't know how well it would do on a more up riding position. My weight is distributed between my arms and butt, more up riding I would think would put a lot of pressure on a thinner saddle.
  12. V

(ORBO) Scrambler

just got this in the mail. Big Block cranks are complete now!
  13. V

Breezer Clone

looks awesome
Back