Recent content by uneasy rider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. uneasy rider

CLASS 1 VOTE HERE!!!! - CLASS 1 FINISHED BIKE PHOTOS BELOW POLL

great build-off. i greatly enjoyed it as always. i have found that creating the build thread, documenting ideas and progress, and feedback/ideas/parts from fellow members helps me a lot. the finished project benefits. thank you all again. now the hard part - i only get to choose 5 out of the lot!
  2. uneasy rider

ItzaRat - SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO!!! 1928 Schwinn Motorbike is DONE!!

impressive build. if i saw you coming, i'd get out of the way!
  3. uneasy rider

Speedster 26" BMX Cruiser

i have always liked that frame. i also like what you've done with it, very nice build.
  4. uneasy rider

More NOS frames from the dump.

dood, great story! watching this one....
  5. uneasy rider

CLASS 1 VOTE HERE!!!! - CLASS 1 FINISHED BIKE PHOTOS BELOW POLL

FANTASTIC BIKES!!!!!!!!! what is cool for me are bikes that aren't something i would build, yet i so admire them and the great work that went into the build.
  6. uneasy rider

1st Place! THANKS! - SteamRoller - Elgin Twin Bar Churnin Urn of Burnin Funk - CompareTwinWins VerBoten SteamRoller

doooooooooooooood!!!! what an awesome build. you just blew my mind. great bike!!!
  7. uneasy rider

fly my zephyr

ok, big day today! last day for build-off and trade deadline all in one day! i don't think i made quite the splash as padres gm preller, but i got er done. changed out seat, this one is not a whole lot better, maybe my seat needs more padding! anyhow, i kind of like it for now w/o fenders, but...
  8. uneasy rider

BO15 fly my zephyr

been a busy 4 weeks. started a new job after 4 months of temporary retirement. wow, tougher than i thought, plus summer finally showed up in so cal, warmer weather with humidity (ugh) on top. feeling my age for sure. made the bike rideable, and took her out. rode nice, but i am extremely...
  9. uneasy rider

BO15 fly my zephyr

was originally planning a bmx cruiser build w/ bmx fork and bars. used the fork on last build, though i do have another, but decided to go with fork that came w/ frame. unfortunately the truss rods i have are too short, possibly for a 24" bike. i have some painted ones, but wanted chrome, so...
  10. uneasy rider

BO15 fly my zephyr

setting up drivetrain. looks like cog/chainring alignment is close enough. that is good. :p unfortunately, nos skippy chain is not long enough. i'm REALLY glad i kept those old skiptooth chains. is there anything worse than needing something not easily found that you sold or threw away? not...
  11. uneasy rider

BO15 fly my zephyr

sooooooooo, ordered the cone wrench neither i nor the lbs had, took a week to arrive. ordered the no-turn washer kit, which took 2 weeks to arrive. good news, these washers will work on my straight dropouts. found the skiptooth conversion cog i had bought years ago, and decided to compare to...
  12. uneasy rider

BO15 fly my zephyr

so the skiptooth cog is too thick for the nexus 7 hub. thanks for the reply, that's what i'm looking for. i'll check that out. i'm going to commit to this wheelset, as i don't currently have a multispeed bike. if i have to, i'll just run 1 inch pitch chain and ring. straightened the dropout...
  13. uneasy rider

BO15 fly my zephyr

haha, thanks for keeping me off the bottom kingfish! i had a hard time finding my post, thought i might have been dq'd already. actually i finally got to my storage to dig for parts, and thankfully found what i was looking for, and even better, stuff i forgot i had!! love it when that happens...
  14. uneasy rider

BO15 fly my zephyr

apologies if this name has been used previously. apologize even more for the pic, bad even by my standards. anyhow, i'm in, and am excited to finally build this one. i've had it for a long time, and this is one of my favorite frames. been busy during my layoff from work cleaning out the garage...
  15. uneasy rider

BO15 Airman

great stuff! all of it. i wish i had kept the airman monark i had. likin the kombi. hows the surf been in ks? sorry, couldn't resist
Back