Recent content by toro1978

1. toro1978

RRBBO16

Boy, I can hardly wait! Two weeks seems like eternity. I'm like a kid waiting for Xmas.
  2. toro1978

RRBBO16

I will probably be looking for a heavy duty utilitarian style. I have a rack with an integrated center stand, retro style, that I plundered from a Dutch donor. I will try to make it shift through both chainrings with the help of this derailer. I have some front derailers too, some mtb shifters...
  3. toro1978

What is the worst bike that you own?

My Torch had the bars that high and it was awful to ride. I rode it home like that after I got it. I removed them and installed clip ons.
  4. toro1978

RRBBO16

I had an extended bike last year in the BO too. But probably not this time. I think I will build up my spare Felt Haribo frame. I have some cool brackets... I have a wheelset. I have an idea in which direction I go...
  5. toro1978

Carcass 2.0

They are "loop bars", I gather.
  6. toro1978

RRBBO16

I don't know why you consider these pity votes. Even the worst bike could have something that someone likes and is ready to vote for. I don't see any need for a change. If it is not broken don't fix it.
  7. toro1978

Carcass 2.0

Some ride pics
  8. toro1978

RRBBO16

Sure, pedal power is a requirement on RRB anyway.
  9. toro1978

RRBBO16

Not sure if we need an extra class for electric bikes. A conversion seldom requires extensive modification. The electric motor simply makes pedaling easier, just like any transmission does - a different principle for sure, but the desired effect is less effort for the rider in both cases. I...
  10. toro1978

29er cruiser tires?

Quite comfy. But I have to say that the bike has a Brooks B190 seat too.
  11. toro1978

29er cruiser tires?

Continental has nice 29" tires, RIDE Cruiser: They also offer them in black or brown, I don't know about other colors. Available in 2" or 2,2" width, also available in 26", I used s 29x2,2 in the rear and 26 x2,0 in the front.
  12. toro1978

Best way to remove BB cups?

Exactly. I must admit I had to do this procedure only three times so far, so I simply used a large flathead screwdriver that I positioned on the BB cup and NOT between the cup and the BB housing. The first time I used a rubber mallet, out of fear I might damage the frame. It took me half an...
  13. toro1978

Best way to remove BB cups?

Well you can make a dedicated tool out of a piece of pipe. You need it to be a little less in diameter than the BB. Then cut one end in a cross pattern, maybe four inches, this will make the ends spread a little so they will rest against the BB cup and when you hit with the mallet the force will...
  14. toro1978

Fully

There
  15. toro1978

Fully

And it worked like a charm. Unfortunately the seat is quite hard so I will replace it with this one, which is identical, except that it is still intact: