Recent content by SuperNiac

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. SuperNiac

The "Spitfire"

Little update : I slapped some random seat on and swapped the stem to make the new forks. The plan is to build forks similar to gocruisergo forks. Scrap steel I had around Layout and planning Bends for the lower arms Made some small mods to my kinker to get decent bends, works allright
  2. SuperNiac

The "Spitfire"

After 2 dead months of the frame laying on the shelf in my shed I decided I needed to get to finish it. Managed to get some time today to work on it, and gathered the courage to get sanding. Started by finishing the whole shape, sanded all the xecess, patched up some holes. Going over with a...
  3. SuperNiac

"Deathwish" or the cheap way

It is now time for part two! First order of business was to build the wheel, which I carefully measured and used a spoke calculator to build something decent, before noticing that the rim is a 24hole rim; and worse you can't get a 36h version because this sin't a 20inch rim, this is older...
  4. SuperNiac

"Deathwish" or the cheap way

Heeyyy everyone here's a very small project, just a little something. This story begins in january 2017 when I'm given this : A motobecane Minivelo from the late 70's, the exact same one my ex had but it's pretty rusted. Here's what it looked like brand new : The bike was given to me...
  5. SuperNiac

Scratch build : "Experiment 001"

Hey everybody, this is just a message to say I have to give up this build off. I need some time off for personal reasons and will not have time/faith to finish the bike. I'll probably come back to it at some point but for right now I'm leaving it like this. I want to says sorry to all of you...
  6. SuperNiac

The "Spitfire"

Little update. Much sanding going on, nothing really interesting. Routed the shifter cable.
  7. SuperNiac

The "Spitfire"

I used an old steel collar to force it open on the tube as an aluminum one would've probably broke while doing that. I'm planning on making a cut in the seat tube cause I still want the saddle adjustment.
  8. SuperNiac

It's the original handlebars that came with the fork from a felt Bandit
  9. SuperNiac

Looking for blueprints

As the title says, I'm looking for any blueprints/plans of the original schwinn krates (the one with the small front wheel). If anyone came across some or has scans of the originals I'd love to have a look. Ideally I'm looking for plans with the original dimensions.
  10. SuperNiac

It was my first time bending tubes. I went trough 4 meters of tubing before having even a decent bend. And up close it stills looks awful.
  11. SuperNiac

Hey everyone, here's my entry for this winters build off. I've already started building but forgot to create the thread sorry :/ My goal here is just to ry out new techniques and new styles I haven't already messed with. I apologize in advance as the bike will surely not be finished by the end...
  12. SuperNiac

The Long One

That's an amazing build. May I ask how much was the custom chainring?
  13. SuperNiac

The "Spitfire"

Wooooo the sun is back! As stated previously my garage isn't heated so it's basically the same temperature as outside and any sort of body filler/resin needs at least 15° to harden. Well today I got around to sanding all the excess resin and I bought a sander off amazon cause f sanding. I laid...
  14. SuperNiac

The "Spitfire"

Hey hey it's ya boy Mr Ineverfinishsh*t This morning I laid the last pieces of fibreglass to close everything in after a good hour of sanding Pretty pleased with the looks of it. While that was drying I cut the original seatpost to make my laidback post; I also added an old sprocket as a...
  15. SuperNiac

The "Spitfire"

Hope you all had a great Christmas. I came back home and I had a friend over who built fiberglass pools; he showed me some techniques and general tips. I trimmed the excess, and closed off the tank. I'll still have to do a last resin batch to finish around the headtube and the cantitubes...
Back