Recent content by Stevetraf

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Stevetraf

What have you been riding lately?

It’s winter in Alberta. Went for a ride on global fat bike day. Finished with a tailgate bbq in the snow . Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. Stevetraf

Show me your storage.

Lots of bike hooks , used 4x6 across the rafters and the hooks are about 16” apart . Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. Stevetraf

Before & After Pics

Here’s the Joe with the new 26”x65mm rims with the thick slick tires. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. Stevetraf

Before & After Pics

The Kona Joe This is a before and middle ,seems I can’t find the pic of the latest addition to the ride . Was incredibly bad to ride as a stock build ,I shortened the fork by 4” and went with a ruff cycle Ron bar . Went from 8 speed to 10 speed . Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. Stevetraf

Felt Bicycle Pics

Sorry haven’t logged on in sometime , the bars on the felt are from the motoX shop ,cheap and no name very wide and flat . I’m looking at going with some. Klunker bars from velo orange .they seem to have more sweep back and will likely be more comfy . Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  6. Stevetraf

Felt Bicycle Pics

Oh! And a bar tap handle . Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Stevetraf

Felt Bicycle Pics

My latest Felt , new Belgium fat tire ale custom . 2 speed sturmey kickback hub , Vee speedster 2.8 tires , Jones H-bar, and bontrager king earl cranks . Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Stevetraf

Felt Bicycle Pics

Nice bike! Looks like fairly wide rims ? Explain the parts you used on the handle bar setup - very cool looking ! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Stevetraf

Extended Cruise - Video Added!

Absolutely fantastic ! I'm still checking all the little details on this build . Live the fork and the use of the brake pads as bumpers . Big thumbs up ‼ Congratulations. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Stevetraf

Mismatched Wheel or Tire Sizes

Chopper build? I used a 24x65 rim with a 3" tire in the rear ,a 26 x21mm rim with a 1.5" tire in the front in my kona hotrod chopper . Work really well - the front appears smaller than the rear and handles well . Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Stevetraf

Need advice.

Great looking shifter! Please post a pic on how you mounted it to the tube . Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Stevetraf

Need advice.

Google hbbc they have an online store. Shifty ....... I discovered on RRB - but generally uses Facebook - you can find him there - he does limited runs every few months - also he makes shifters for both sturmey and shimano . If he has them you've gotta act fast - they tend to go quick ...
  13. Stevetraf

Need advice.

As an FYI the shimano and sturmey hubs in all the Gear ranges do spec in different widths . Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Stevetraf

Need advice.

Google shimano nexus 3 speed -those come with coaster brake as do the nexus 7 and 8 speed . Another option is the shimano nexus with a roller brake - it'll clamp on to the existing tabs that the coaster uses . Often you can buy the hub and have it built by the local shop or the online store ...
  15. Stevetraf

Edgy Elgin Rat

Fantastic build sir! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back