Recent content by SoDakRat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. SoDakRat

Huffy Key West

I'm currently waiting on tires and my rim. Once I have that, it's on to seeing if I can get the drivetrain to function properly. I'll post more updates when I get to that step. I've never messed with 3 speed hubs or derailleurs, so that'll be interesting. We're currently sitting as a frame...
  2. SoDakRat

Huffy Key West

And a huge road bike double chainring. Gonna run one gear for normal riding and then the huge gear for super speed.
  3. SoDakRat

Huffy Key West

I bought a NOS Shimano 3 speed grip shifter to pair with a 3 speed 24inch rim I got off of Ebay.
  4. SoDakRat

Huffy Key West

This is a mock up of what I want. These are NOT the parts I'm gonna be using.
  5. SoDakRat

Huffy Key West

6. SoDakRat

Huffy Key West

My little brother bought this for me. He saw it on Marketplace and thought of me. So I'm going to build it up into a muscle bike. I don't know anything about it, but this is what I'm starting with.
  7. SoDakRat

Huffy Key West

I'm going to play around with spacers on top and bottom and see where I like the feel of the steering and the rake of the fork. That bottom bearing seat is movable so I could put the spacer underneath it if I need to. I've done it before and it worked fine.
  8. SoDakRat

Huffy Key West

I think this is sort of the direction I'm leaning towards. It's a 24 by 20 with a 26 inch fork. I'd like to make it a 10 speed, but I have no experience doing that, so it should be interesting. I think instead of chopping the fork I'm going to use a spacer that doubles as a headlight or bag...
  9. SoDakRat

Huffy Key West

Not, I haven't. I haven't taken it apart yet.
  10. SoDakRat

Huffy Key West

Well they have nice donar parts. Seat and sissy bar at least. And there are plenty of them around.
  11. SoDakRat

Huffy Key West

I really think this is just a cookie-cutter frame that they put different colors of seats and grips and stickers on and called it a different model because I have seen this exact frame on about 10 other bikes. Look. 4 out of 6 have the same frame and fenders.
  12. SoDakRat

Huffy Key West

So this is the best I could get the serial at the moment. 31777huffyk0397 I believe there seems to be un upside down 43 too under the serial
  13. SoDakRat

Lil Wildcat

Interesting idea!
  14. SoDakRat

Huffy Key West

So I did some disassembling. Polished up the Chrome on the sissy bar. It came up pretty nice. The seat is going to take a lot of work but I managed to save the cover for a template.
  15. SoDakRat

Huffy Key West

And I do plan to keep the stickers. I have 3 local bike in my collection. One is a 70s fair lady 20" with my home town stickers and license and the other is an 85 predator black shadow from the same town as this bike.
Back