Recent content by sleepy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. sleepy

Plastic chroming?

You could contact the Little Motor Kar Co. in PA. They re-chrome model car parts, he may be able to re-chrome larger plastic parts.
  2. sleepy

??Are Bontrager Hank Tire Still avaiable??

I bought a pair online last summer for $50 shipped, can't remember from where though, I searched on google and 50 bucks for the pair was the least expensive I could find.
  3. sleepy

Schwinn Convertible ...SEX CHANGE

I wonder if this tank could be adapted to a late '30's ladies Elgin. Would make it almost look like a Bluebird.
  4. sleepy

Schwinn Typhoon Resto/Mod

Check out niagaracycle.com, they carry beefy S7 compatible 2in wide whitewalls....CST I believe.
  5. sleepy

Da BLABBERMOUTH IS FINISHED!!

In the words of Jackie Gleason...How sweet it is! Very cool build...stance, rake, seat, steering wheel....great!
  6. sleepy

50 Shades of Blue AKA HellCamino

Looks even better outside...terrific job!
  7. sleepy

EvansColson Special Commander (With Details)

Very, very nice! Those tires fit it perfectly. :thumbsup:
  8. sleepy

Very Overpriced Huffy

I lucked out on CL a couple months ago when I picked up the duplicate of the bike I received Christmas 1965....a pristine Huffy Galaxie for the princely sum of $40. Even had its original bell!
  9. sleepy

OK, that's it.....I can't take anymore.....this is beyond perfect. :praise:
  10. sleepy

I hope you don't mind.....but I'm going to have to replicate this bike.:praise:
  11. sleepy

This bike is so beastly it'll make children and hippies cry! Everything about it is just right.....it actually looks like it was built by a pro shop sorta like a Gas Monkey Garage for bikes.
  12. sleepy

This just gets better and better....bike looks like both a Harley Fat Boy and then also a police motorcycle from the 40's/50's.:rockout: And your fender brace shortening technique just solved a problem I had earlier today in fitting 50's era ballooner fenders to my Raleigh mountain bike.:113:
  13. sleepy

Looking for resonably priced wide tires

+1 on Niagara Cycle....plus free shipping with $150 purchase.
  14. sleepy

Rusty chain restoration

I'm coming down the home stretch on finally getting my '39 Rollfast that I purchased from a member here 3 years ago up and running....I'm using PB Blaster on the chain which hasn't spun in decades....its working like a charm.
  15. sleepy

I was thinking the same thing....wouldn't want to see it in my rearview mirror! Fantastic build....everything about it is spot on and just right.
Back