Recent content by sk8 or die

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. sk8 or die

Original 36 or37 Roadmaster Finally with pictures

you should talk to RMS37.. he knows everything there is to know about Cleveland welding Co. (REALLY NICE bike!)
  2. sk8 or die

last years Ann Arbor find rolling!

3. sk8 or die

Who will i see at the ann arbor bike show?

Well I've decided to bring some stuff to sell...parting out my Hawthorne Comet. I also have a 1955 Schwinn starlet, a 4 gill roadmaster frame and lots of odds and ends. I'll post any items that don't sell after the show. If you read this and are interested in anything let me know... maybe we can...
  4. sk8 or die

clean my bike without hurting the patina?

anyone have advise on how to clean without hurting the patina or paint? Thanks, Davon
  5. sk8 or die

welder advice

I've come to the point in which I must have a welder to continue with my build! I have only dabbled with welding and have never owned one. Any advice you may have on what to look for in a welder and what I can expect to pay for one would be greatly appreciated!
  6. sk8 or die

ann arbor show find

I thought this chainguard came latter than that. Do you know if the parts are correct? It is not a 1" pitch chain.
  7. sk8 or die

ann arbor show find

One more shot. This late 40's roadmaster was only missing one part that I didn't have laying around, the carrier mounted taillight. Let me know if you have one. Thanks!
  8. sk8 or die

ann arbor show find

9. sk8 or die

ann arbor show find

Gotta love this patina!
  10. sk8 or die

I need help making big fenders fit..

Check with your local bike shop, they may be able to crimp them correctly to fit. The shop near me does it all the time.
  11. sk8 or die

no gill roadmaster

Seat is still not complete. I made a bracket that bolts to the bike frame but I'm gonna have to weld a rod to the seat frame for it to work. I made the seat pan from a girls messenger and bent up the back to give it an old motorcycle look. Thanks for the kind words guys... I'll post more pics as...
  12. sk8 or die

no gill roadmaster

I'm stoked on the way this is turning out! Still lots to do!
  13. sk8 or die

Painting fiberglass

Thanks bro, I'll give it a shot.
  14. sk8 or die

PAINT YOUR HEADBADGE

Yeah, that was very helpful! I've been thinking about repainting a hawthorne head badge but didn't really know the best way to go about it. Thanks!
  15. sk8 or die

Painting fiberglass

does anyone have any suggestions on painting fiberglass? what kind of paint/prep?
Back