Recent content by shwsrvcs

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. shwsrvcs

Show us your Red, White, and Blue.

I made this lil guy in June 2018
  2. shwsrvcs

Dyno Bike pics

i had posted this before I think, but not in this thread. this is my tribute to 70s era muscle cars in the dodge style loud colors and slick tires... and i got the dyno for free on a app called offer up.
  3. shwsrvcs

Early Dyno Glide Deluxe

I appreciate those thick tires, I am riding similarly sized rubber on my schwinn ascension29 w 26" rims single speed that is my daily rider. the 68 spoke rims are also a favorite of mine that i just had used on a Nirve lowrider style build i did in around january... With the dyno this...
  4. shwsrvcs

Early Dyno Glide Deluxe

dang it... im sorry for not getting back on this with you. it is called freebie alerts... and after initially being so enamored by it, i am kinda un happy with the overall way it does it's job, or maybe it is that people have figured out how to word ads that are not for free things to show...
  5. shwsrvcs

Early Dyno Glide Deluxe

love this model and color. I came up on one like it in 2016 that had triple tree forks like the mooneyes model... this yellow is great for the bike.
  6. shwsrvcs

Early Dyno Glide Deluxe

this came up on my app that aggregates free posts on a couple of apps I use. I didn't see it for about 20 minutes so i was sure had to have been gone by the time i contacted the person, but apparently, that it was positioned behind another bike in the ad as well, a really rusted girls micargi...
  7. shwsrvcs

67 Stingray Junior sized

Okay so i definetly went a different feel his time than that blue lowrider. i was considering getting some spinger forks, but i feel like the cogs felll into place differently this time.. it is really fun to break the mold a little bit and take a chance on a whim to go out on a limb...
  8. shwsrvcs

67 Stingray Junior sized

I picked up this one a few miles from home for about 30 bucks. I tried to finesse the orange paint off it, but it wasnt having it from me that day... so with no real good chance at keeping a original paint on it. i went for the aggressive tactic and stipped it down to metal. I am just...
  9. shwsrvcs

"The Realm" Aluminum Cruisers....

Im way late to this party... but that particular style frame is one i've done a few of here and there. they've gotten harder to find these days though. i think i saw only one come up in ads this summer. fun to ride and fun to do things to. heres a link or two to past ones i did. the last...
  10. shwsrvcs

SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Ive been itchin to make something and came across this ad for a cruiser... it was a Colby? which is a brand that gets it's supply from the same place as micargi or similar overseas made brands do... for 15 dollars and I thought.. ok. it has pink 72 spoke rims which could easily sell for triple...
  11. shwsrvcs

The anti-klunk? (Show us your urban bombers!)

The Mountain Bike frames I've "turned" all have one thing in common, Nothing! One of my perrenials is a un-clunked Schwinn Accension 29. It is one mean machine. No brakes, lightweight, and Fast. I went with 26" rims rather than 29ers to end up with as BMX feeling of a MTB that I've ever...
  12. shwsrvcs

The true benefit of cig smoking by others

yes. you just take out the seatpost and swing the frame aound from where it hinges right in front of the seatpost tube. That is a cool place for it i think, it makes it appear much like the triple triangle design on a GT frame. I like the size of it when it folds, it's basically the size of...
  13. shwsrvcs

The true benefit of cig smoking by others

I used to smoke. I would smoke djarm specials, clove cigarettes. They were very enjoyable but the first act in office by President Obama was to have me quit smoking. He made selling them in the US illegal in 2009 to "protect the children" and I was pissed, but am much better off for it. But...
  14. shwsrvcs

Stolen bicycles and the men that recover them.

It was such a empowering feeling to get handed back the bike right then on the spot. The ride home also had just a swweeeet satisfaction to it rolling into my driveway with the recovered bike being brought alone by holding the handlebar. I have to give credit for the PD on having the e-filing...
  15. shwsrvcs

Stolen bicycles and the men that recover them.

A while back I had posted a bicycle I had at the time. It was a Firmstrong, the Chief model and i made it blue. No sooner than i had posted it, it was stolen when it was locked up in front of a store down the way. There goes #2 I thought and kissed it goodbye. for closure I went online to...
Back