Recent content by scooter-trasher

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. scooter-trasher

Varsity ATB

Maybe you should look into a step through frame easier on the nads :)
  2. scooter-trasher

Varsity ATB

The 1982 Schwinn Sidewinder, about thirty years after John Finley Scott did it with a Schwinn World tour and the last year for Chicago Schwinns :( " In the late 1970s, Schwinn took note of a subculture that was to become mountain biking growing in Northern California. These kids were taking...
  3. scooter-trasher

66 Fastback

Pulling the front tire off tonight , ready to ride tight ropes with the circus and I got it all for a little more than a shifter & overload tube sell for :)
  4. scooter-trasher

'62 Schwinn Hornet Fork Swap

yep, Monark used to put a shim under the backside of the bottom bearing cone, on their springer forks to get a bit more rake .
  5. scooter-trasher

Varsity ATB

Nice,"Maybe it was John Finley Scott, who was probably the first mountain bike enthusiast in the United States. In 1953 he built what he called a “ Woodsie Bike”, using a Schwinn World diamond frame, balloon tires, flat handlebars, derailleur gears, and cantilever brakes" quote Klunkers .com...
  6. scooter-trasher

66 Fastback

I gotta quit buying bikes, just spent too much on tires, tubes and a Sprint derailleur :)
  7. scooter-trasher

Worksman industrial bikes - $225 (los angeles)

Picked it up Monday his cell phone was shut off :)
  8. scooter-trasher

SHOW US YOUR WORKSMAN BICYCLE

New bike day, Facebook find , I'm almost embarrassed how cheap
  9. scooter-trasher

Worksman industrial bikes - $225 (los angeles)

This guy will probably answer my messages now that I have no room, 25 bucks in the D with a three speed coaster brake : https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1242601425876991?surface=product_details
  10. scooter-trasher

Huffy Liquidator 3-speed -- $50 (Glen Arm, MD)

I had a blue Wards like that in 1970 that would eat stingrays alive :)
  11. scooter-trasher

Free Vintage Bikes (Northeast Baltimore, MD)

I need the parts off that girls CWC, I'd love to give a hundred stripped & shipped :)
  12. scooter-trasher

Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

found a parts donor, but they look so cute together I have some ape hangers , that leaves me only two seatposts and some elbow grease short of a pair of his & hers matching cartoon bikes :)
  13. scooter-trasher

Lets try a pic I didn't take with an Iphone, I guess it's an Iphone thing
  14. scooter-trasher

Grandpa's new bike got wet and shrunk on the way home today, I'm gonna need longer apes :)
  15. scooter-trasher

Sure makes my $20 1968 look nice, even still has nubs on the tires :)
Back