Recent content by Reallybigtim

1. Reallybigtim

BO15 A Step-Through Time---Changing projects for build-off

I have completely lost interest in bikes right now. Focusing on selling stuff due to health issues.
  2. Reallybigtim

BO15 HOMEMADE SHINE has a totally different look!

Let me know when you get the fenders and chainguard. And I want to see them when they are finished and on the bike!
  3. Reallybigtim

In regards to the Class 1 rules...

Here's a good example of a cool but ugly bike turned into the coolest cruiser. An original orange and cream 1940 Firestone Pilot Long Tank. It is actually one of my favorite style of bikes in the very best color. But here it is as found: Problems: Seat way up in the air, short bars pointed...
  4. Reallybigtim

I had this chainguard on my wingbars. But I don't own anymore wingbars. I agree, but it's kind of an optical illusion. My favorite Sting-Ray apes are 33" wide. These are only 29" wide, but they get there quickly and point almost straight backwards. And they pull back a whopping 14"! That's...
  5. Reallybigtim

Is this a better placement for the chainguard? I set the straight portion of the guard parallel with the top bars. Does it belong there now? I think it works.
  6. Reallybigtim

I have to finish these things up or I will snooze and miss the finish date. Easy for me to do. I completely agree. I have a whole pile of chainguards from which to choose. But I also think that I can make this one look right on this bike. Stay tuned!
  7. Reallybigtim

Those would look good, but I don't have any blue tires. I have red tires, but they are only 2.125 size. And look how small those 2.5 monsters look on this large bike! And they barely fit! Here's another clue: Now this bike matches my other build-off bike (Homemade Shine). Both all shades of...
  8. Reallybigtim

Here it is with big black tires and chrome drop-center wheels. Looks better. It follows the theme more aesthetically. Don't know if I like this chainguard on this bike or not. Still no name yet.
  9. Reallybigtim

First mock-up. Postwar Schwinn seat. Don't like the cream tires. Maybe 2.5 black tires on the next mock-up. Don't like the cream wheels either. Might need to go with chrome. Need to paint the forks aluminum.
  10. Reallybigtim

Silver Surfer might be a good name for this project. But Michael Palmer might not appreciate it. He is the Silver King Master, and he calls himself the Silver Surfer. Very cool California dude.
  11. Reallybigtim

I just didn't want to re-paint those original paint parts. And I couldn't find original, correct color stuff in time. I am not happy about having to switch. I might just drop out of this category. Still haven't decided.
  12. Reallybigtim

Mid-50's Schwinn S-2 wheels with cream Fat Franks (of course!).
  13. Reallybigtim

Here are some other parts slated for this build: A vintage McCauly art deco chainguard, Monark chainring, 80's aluminum racing stem, pull-back cruiser bars, and vintage black coke bottles.
  14. Reallybigtim

Since this build is going SO SLOW, and I have no real end-product in mind, I have decided to change my entry bike for category #2. I will continue to progress with the Elgin, but it will take a lot longer than this build-off permits. Going to build it for my wife since this is the only bike...