Recent content by Reallybigtim

1. Reallybigtim

THE BIRD

One of my favorite frames!
  2. Reallybigtim

BLUE FLAME Special

Day 2 and I am not really satisfied with the aesthetics of the bike. The fork seems too long compared to the frame length. But I like the frame/tank/wheels/tires and color combo. I might put a Krate springer on it and some drop bars on it to see if that works. But that fat tire might not fit...
  3. Reallybigtim

BLUE FLAME Special

That was the extent of my attention span. Six hours focused is very good for me. But I am thinking about different directions to go already.
  4. Reallybigtim

Knife buildoff challenge discussion

Hopefully, my points will be preserved and appreciated, but future people will consider our time (the industrial age) absolutely the most wasteful and destructive period in human history.
  5. Reallybigtim

Knife buildoff challenge discussion

I know a lot of people that are full ABO hunters using nothing but stone for all aspects of the process. Obsidian cuts between the cells, that's why it is preferred for eye surgery. Metal cannot achieve that sharp of an edge and destroys cells (which increases healing time and scar tissue)...
  6. Reallybigtim

⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡ HEXtreme ⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡

Look at that! A day-one mock-up! Those wheels are going to look crazy rollin' down the road.
  7. Reallybigtim

Terrible twos

I have two that color and two with those colors reversed. Cool bikes.
  8. Reallybigtim

‘66 Convertible

OddJob can tell you how to restore that original paint.
  9. Reallybigtim

‘66 Convertible

That "paint" will come back a lot more than you think. Don't cover it up.
  10. Reallybigtim

Terrible twos

That double rat is already finished. But I am spying that cool '46-7 CWC in the background.
  11. Reallybigtim

Build Off Bike, MattiThundrrr's

I haven't drank Moosehead since the mid-80's.
  12. Reallybigtim

BLUE FLAME Special

Now I can relax and check out everyone else's builds. Who else is going to post a day-one mock-up? Cheers!
  13. Reallybigtim

BLUE FLAME Special

Far from finished. Hopefully, OddJob can keep me focused enough to actually restore that finish.
  14. Reallybigtim

BLUE FLAME Special

The tank was definitely a happy accident. It has a slow curve that matches the frame's tube curve nicely. It would not work up-side-down aesthetically. But I did have to move it forward for a better fit than in the last pictures.
  15. Reallybigtim

BLUE FLAME Special

It's a FREAK! Careful planning, measuring, and parts gathering has allowed me to accomplish my goal of a day-one (almost complete) mock-up in just 6 hours. Since I was using mostly Schwinn parts, I knew that everything would fit and be compatible. The bars, stem, and grips are straight off of...