Recent content by peterpants

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. peterpants

'46 hiawatha

Thanks man! I'm enjoying it!
  2. peterpants

'46 hiawatha

Here it is boys! I failed in sharing the prgress pics. but did take the finished product two local spots to grab a coupla shots
  3. peterpants

'46 hiawatha

Hahahhah! Badumtisss! Tank and chainguard will go back on after the Frame and fork get back from the powder coaters
  4. peterpants

'46 hiawatha

I think I had the tire "half on / half off" in the pic...Lil bit of distortion hahahah
  5. peterpants

'46 hiawatha

Everything has been torn down and repaired...reassembled to ensure fit...torn back down to get sand blasted and flat blacked....ready to actually riiiiide!
  6. peterpants

80s Hiawatha?

Thank you! this is awesome information!
  7. peterpants

80s Hiawatha?

My buddy shared with me this picture and was wondering the age of this grip twist 3 speed Hiawatha. Serial number: 3485454
  8. peterpants

'46 hiawatha

Oh that's awesome! Just want the entire bike to kind of be a shadow...save the fatfranks, tank and flash of chrome from the beehive. Really excited to get this thing done and ride down to the brewery!
  9. peterpants

'46 hiawatha

So so clean...the bike shop here said: all we have is 1 set of cream fat Frank's, when I said I wanted franks...I said "perfect"
  10. peterpants

'46 hiawatha

Ope! Out of order....but the day I brought her home:
  11. peterpants

'46 hiawatha

Black rims/spokes and some cream fat Frank's will set it all off
  12. peterpants

'46 hiawatha

The beehive springer came in today and once the frame is disassembled the new fork and frame are off to the sand blaster so that I can lay down primer and the flat black
  13. peterpants

'46 hiawatha

I'm leaving the patina on the tank and chain guard...orange giving way to the original brown...which is giving way to some light rust. Semi-gloss clear coat to seal it all in and give it a bit of shine.
  14. peterpants

'46 hiawatha

Hey gang...just wanted a place to start sharing my '46 Hiawatha Comet. So far I've pulled the chain guard and tank...cleaned them up and snapped the stem bolt when trying to remove.
  15. peterpants

Rustic Hiawatha

Do iiiiiiit! such a good looking frame!
Back