Recent content by peejus

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. P

So I got a huffy mountain bike now what?

Clean! I like it! Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  2. P

Schwinn Tanked Springer

Oh.. that poor bike. . Kinda looks like a mishmash of bits.. the crank looks ganked.. shouldn't that little hole be matched up with a tab on the crank arm? And I'm used to schwinns having a cloverleaf crank If no serial number on the bottom bracket, check the drop outs or the neck tube.. The...
  3. P

Just another 26" Schwinn Cruiser Build

That is a mid 80's schwinn cantilever cruiser... Japanese made... the forks are the biggest giveaway. . Im riding one just like it . All the bits are 80's BMX sized. So 7/8" seat post.. skinny quill stem, etc.. but yours is much more complete that mine was when i got it so you won't have...
  4. P

Free Agent BMX, convert to 25/9

Took a ...... box store BMX that was abandoned at the... box store.. at one point it had rear V-brake bosses, but some body wrenched them off instead of cutting them off. So the rear triangle is FUBAR.. Free parts bike.. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  5. P

Hawthorne Snyder built?

Skirt guards are also called coat guards, so it's not unusual to see them on mens frames.. all my euro commuter bikes featured them. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  6. P

1inch springer fork non threaded exist?

There are ways to adapt threaded to threadless and visa/versa.. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  7. P

Cruisers in unusual places

Kiptopeke state park, the eastern shore of Virginia overlooking the Chesapeake Bay. Rolling this heavy ... cruiser off road. The seat and seat tube have been replaced since Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  8. P

Recommend a Thread Restoration Kit

For a rear axle, the thread should be 3/8 x 24.. just look for a die set. https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/55507 Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  9. P

Dumpster Huffy

Looks like a cranbrook. . Early to mid 2000's Later cranbrooks have heavier guage spokes... Tires maybe aftermarket Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  10. P

looking for FAT fenders...

Found some on EBay, but as usual they want too much,and half as much for shipping Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
  11. P

disc brakes for older rattraps do they eixist?

You can get disk adapters for regular springers, and monark style springer.. Seems to me, you would have to use the monark style adapter as a template for your rat trap. Little bit of plate steel, a jig saw and a drill press will have you on your way. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  12. P

Might not be a lost cause, but you're probably looking at some custom fabrication Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  13. P

After looking then up... i cant really so howvf you would , let alone should Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  14. P

Faux oxidation

Besides letting it sit out for 30 years.. try Ajax and a wet sanding sponge Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  15. P

Super Cruiser Restomod

Doesn't look like it needs much.. lots of good bones right there.. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Back