Recent content by Oak Tree

1. Oak Tree

Jamis Boss

Made some small changes
  2. Oak Tree

Phantom Menace (aka, the Layoff Special II)

Re-lace! Don’t replace. it’s a journey, not a race. start saving money, just in case.
  3. Oak Tree

How do you deal with the big fat tires

I would go with V brakes cuz you are halfway there and said that you could braze. However I don’t have experience with a motorized build so don’t know about stopping power needed there.
  4. Oak Tree

Rusted chain salvage.

Don’t use vinegar!! Even though horsefarmer says he has had good results- Don’t do it!!! It only took my 1” pitch chain 12 hrs to completely fall apart in vinegar. it was perfectly functional too- just a little rusty.
  5. Oak Tree

Repair or Trash SUMO Bike Rim

I’ve done both-cleaned up old spokes and bought new. Effort-I’d buy new. Original Equipment value-there’s little in my opinion, I’d buy new. Take this opportunity and get some different color nipples while u r at it.
  6. Oak Tree

RatRod skateboard!

That’s a thick slice of awesome with gravy. thank you sir
  7. Oak Tree

Brisbane's Wynnum-Manly Foreshore

Awww, Brissy mate. I’ll take a flat white and a sanger
  8. Oak Tree

RatRod skateboard!

ride video please sir
  9. Oak Tree

Coffee, Sunrise, November - All good!

I spent time there. Mostly trying to chase things. One was an education, another was a job. There where other things too... Did they bring Mac Davis back like he hoped for?
  10. Oak Tree

BMX BANDITS

Yea, great little flick. that was filmed around Manly Beach, right?
  11. Oak Tree

Oh Chrome, where art thou?

Found out why they painted chrome
  12. Oak Tree

Oh Chrome, where art thou?

Spent a little time doing this today
  13. Oak Tree

Any headset experts out there?

A cheap set of calipers will get you a long way. I acquired some couple years ago and don’t know how I made it without them. They are easily in my top 10 most used tool list.
  14. Oak Tree

Strandie Cruiser BMX?

Yes sir. Dats nice. And these are fun to ride too
  15. Oak Tree

Mutant Fork

Ok verdicts in. sheldon brown to some mountain bike forum to cane creek headsets which said NOPE, it ain’t gonna happen like I want it to. It be like the Captain said. So thanks guys. Looks like I’m cutting the taper off