Recent content by N49ATV

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. N

Ironhorse Dolomite mild build/upgrade

Nothing on Walmart.ca, and nothing at the store locally (not a surprise, it is always bare here) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. N

Mongoose Dolomite 'Street Edition'

I'm looking for BB bearing set like the YST mentioned in this thread. I understand the freewheel. But above it mentions shimano tourney 7 speed in same as stock ratio. Was curious why poster changed it. I'm having issues finding anything in Canada under 1k. Even used. Even a bikes direct 499...
  3. N

Mongoose Dolomite 'Street Edition'

I have just ordered one of these bikes, as my son got very excited in the store, when dad needed a bike to ride with him (5, coming 6 this month). Can I ask why you changed out the freewheel? In looking on another forum, its being reported the stocker comes with a 14-28T 7 speed. Was it a...
  4. N

http://m.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/schwinn-tex-youth-20-bike-0711652p.html My son wanted this one but he was tippy toes over the frame. Only one toe at a time. Just a bit to big. I'm gonna watch for it to go on sale, and grab it for next year Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. N

Yeah I tried looking around at my LBS, and online, even used, and I'm hard pressed to be under 1k to my door. My LBS all start in the 1500 range. I'm thinking a lower gear would help, and it's cheap, but that's my first plan. Rework BB, and gearset. If that's not enough then I'll go for the 21...
  6. N

Hello, First post to the forums, and found you guys and gals, by searching for dolomite mods. Here is a background story on why I ordered this bike. My oldest son, rides a 14" Spider-man bike, and my middle boy, just got a new bike for easter. A 12" Thomas and Friends. They were riding in the...
Back