Recent content by Murray Missile

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Murray Missile

Too much time on my hands.......

Well, not really but instead of doing something productive I put this together this weekend. '82-ish Columbia Clipper. As rescued from a scarp dealer's truck 2 years ago...... As of this afternoon.....
  2. Murray Missile

ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

One of many but this is my new favorite, 1986 Schwinn Preludede. Before: After:
  3. Murray Missile

And now, for something completely different.....

No doubt. :cool2: Saw it on his bike carrier right after he brought it home but was too stoked that he had found the original headlight cover for my Columbia HiWay Patrol and we were both in a rush so I really didn't pay much attention to it except that chainwheel stuck in my head. Saw it on FB...
  4. Murray Missile

Rear derailleur was replaced early in it's life with a Simplex and the stem is a Cinnelli, original saddle is long gone too but otherwise it is original. I believe it spent most of it's life a few blocks from the LBS where it was originally purchased.
  5. Murray Missile

Been working 10-12 hour days and 6-7 days a week for several weeks and it's not going to let up until after the first of the year. Great thing for the bank account but not so much for getting things done. Once I get the time I think I'll do this one first, it's going to be my guinea pig before I...
  6. Murray Missile

I'm a huge Monty Python fan and got a chance to pick up this little piece of British cycling history from the same era. Early 70's Lambert which still has the original "death fork".
  7. Murray Missile

Jumped in head first.......

He said he was going to join up but I know he's been pretty tied up moving all those bikes and taking inventory on what he got so it could be awhile. I know once he gets here he'll fit right in.
  8. Murray Missile

Got a Facebook message from the guy that bought the rest of the stuff. He's been going through boxes of parts and sent me a picture of this and asks if it's for my Columbia........... Looks like it belongs to it from where I'm sitting......... First he finds the missing chain guard, now...
  9. Murray Missile

Show us bikes taking over your place!

My wife has threatened an "intervention", she could be right, this isn't all of them, there were 7 others not in the picture......... in my defense 3 of them are hers.
  10. Murray Missile

I'm trying to screw up the nerve to build my own wheelset, I have 3 Bendix red stripe 2 speed hubs that have been waiting for the right bike(s) and their time has come. I'm going to try to find a rim to match the front wheel on the Elgin, it and the Schwinn Klunker build will each getting one of...
  11. Murray Missile

Been kicking that around.... I like it. :cool2:
  12. Murray Missile

Yeah, this has to be my favorite frame out of the bunch. It deserves special treatment, I just don't know what yet. I have to do some serious herd thinning though, I pulled everything out of the back garage to reorganize and make room for the new ones...... I might need an intervention, this...
  13. Murray Missile

If he's not already here he will be soon.
  14. Murray Missile

~:1936 Schwinn AutoCycle:~ PIC HEAVY

It's perfect, I wouldn't even remove the cobwebs.
  15. Murray Missile

The guy that bought what's left has a small side business dealing in vintage bikes and parts. He'll fix some up, sell some "as is" and part some out but not a single piece will go to waste, you can be sure of that and he prices fairly, no gouging. I was SOOO tempted to buy the whole bunch but...
Back