Recent content by msmith989

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

Jamis Earth Cruiser question

I'm not sure how important the year would be but if we determined the bike was a 85' Earth Cruiser, anyone know the material that the seat was made of? I'm at the office and hoping to stop at the hardware store on the way home otherwise I'd have a better pic. The seat has the Earth Cruiser logo...
  2. M

Great info! Thanks!
  3. M

She's a beauty!
  4. M

Yes, Earth Cruiser stickers on both sides of the fork
  5. M

Thanks @Wildcat. Yes, the tires and tubes definitely need to be replaced and I appreciate the confirmation on the size. I did take a few additional photos of the tires for you but I think you are right in that all does look original. Everything does look useable so I have begun the process of...
  6. M

Yes, the handlebars have foam padding and it seems like it was in the back of the garage for years when I bought it. The family was selling everything for a move and I saw it in the back and made an offer. It has what seems to be original rims and tires. The tires appear to have been ridden...
  7. M

Picked up an older bike recently at a tag sale for a $10 as I really liked the style and thought it would be fun to mess around with my first rebuild/refurb. Needs a lot of work and a ton of rust. This has been a great resource for the process of disassembling and the rebuild process. My...
  8. M

Another Newbie

Located in Charleston, SC and a fan of the site and old bikes.... although really just beginning to mess around. Have been a guest for a few years and now finally registered as I had a question for the community around a new bike I picked up at a tag sale.
Back