Recent content by motorhedfred

1. M

Take apart an old disc brake

That caliper is wicked cool. The outside half would look great detailed.
  2. M

26" BMX Handlebars with more back sweep

Not to steer off topic, but how do you like those Schwalbe Big Apples?
  3. M

Schwinn OCC StingRay 3-Speed hub

The bicycledesigner.com parts should be exactly what I need. I noticed that not only are the rotor adapters out of stock, LOTS of other stuff is too. Is this common with the bicycledesigner.com website?
  4. M

Jim Wilson from pedalchopper.com says the adapter he sells for taking the freewheel sprocket off the rear hub on a single speed OCC is the same thread but having both hubs at hand to measure with my dial calipers (Starrett brand, very accurate), I have to question that. Unless I'm measuring the...
  5. M

is this from the bicycledesigner.com website?
  6. M

I thought of that and I measured the freewheel sprocket journal on a spare single speed OCC StingRay because I'll aware that Jim Wilson at Pedalchopper has a threaded adapter for those. It appears to be about .125" bigger in diameter. I'll contact him since he's likely experienced with this...
  7. M

I just picked up a 3-speed Schwinn OCC Sting Ray and would like to add a disc brake to the left (opposite the chain cog). Since the factory 3-speed OCC choppers use rim brakes, there are no brake parts on the hub itself. Amazingly, this hub (SX-RB3) is designed for a BAND brake! While I'm sure...
  8. M

Covid Bike Boom Cooling Off?

Add survivor, barn fresh, barn find, extremely rare...ect, all words designed to add "value" to an otherwise unremarkable and common item.
  9. M

Cannibal on a budget

Update...bike was sold due to lack of storage space. On to something else.
  10. M

SOLD Polished 26”x67mm 100/135mm 3 spd Sturmey Disc

Are these still available?
  11. M

Cannibal on a budget

I did finally score one of these. It's a well kept 2004 3-speed in medium metallic blue. I like it but it's too nice to cut up and kind of a pain to ride because it's got that "chopper flop" in the front end. I bought it for a decent price, so when the weather breaks next spring, I'll probably...
  12. M

Cannibal on a budget

*Update* found one and bought it.
  13. M

Chopper bars

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have a set of handlebars from the Roadmaster built Sportster bicycle they're willing to part with? I want them for a Nirve Cannibal and they need to be 7/8" on the knurl in the middle.
  14. M

Girvin Suspension Forks 1" Tube

*Bump* Did they sell...YAY or NAY?
  15. M

Cannibal on a budget

I'm smitten by the Nirve Cannibal/Switchblade bikes but can't afford to be bitten by the price. I'm not keen to lay out several hundred dollars for a new bicycle and then start cutting on it. After much searching, I found this. Probably made on the same production line as the Nirve bikes...