Recent content by moonbase

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. moonbase

Elgin Offroad: Klunked Out BMX Hybrid

that's amazing. How does it ride?
  2. moonbase

Anything new on this one? Real excited to see the finished project.
  3. moonbase

Felt Bicycle Pics

I was able to spread the rear triangle by hand when I put it in. The 8 speed isn't that much wider, just enough to be snug. Might be a little tougher on an aluminum frame, so measure twice, as they say.
  4. moonbase

Felt Bicycle Pics

I wasn't a big fan of the 3 speed on my MP, so I swapped it out for a Shimano 8 speed. Completely different bike now, I'm glad I did it. It's faster and I can climb any hill.
  5. moonbase

1937 Elgin Oriole

Some small updates. I've made a couple of seat changes, and I might go back to a long spring, but I'm going to give this one a shot for awhile. A different stem, partly because the first one I had on there was aluminum, and I want an all steel bike, and partly because it brings the bars a...
  6. moonbase

LETS SEE YOUR ELGINS!

a good portion of mine was already posted earlier in the thread, but here is how it sits today
  7. moonbase

Felt Bicycle Pics

This is my Felt used to be MP. Still working on it. Probably always be working on it.....
  8. moonbase

I'm dying for a picture of the complete bike. Every piece of it is perfect.
  9. moonbase

am I to big for lay back seat post?

Seconding the Sloweriderz posts. I'm 220 and the one I bought from him is rock solid.
  10. moonbase

1937 Elgin Oriole

Thanks for the comments, I hope everyone out there is getting as much enjoyment from their bikes as I'm getting from this one. Seriously, I'm grinning like an idiot just thinking about it. No real changes yet, but here's an updated, clearer shot without all the shadows getting in the way.
  11. moonbase

1937 Elgin Oriole

I just got this frame a few days ago from another member. thanks again, yeshoney. He used it a few years ago in Build Off 7, and as much as that fantastic bike deserved to stay together, his willingness to part with the frame and my ability to rationalize made it happen. Check out the bike he...
  12. moonbase

Felt Red Baron~MP Evo-mashification

Those rear racks really change the look of the bike. Very cool, man.
  13. moonbase

......and forgot to include this link: http://www.sapim.be/spoke-calculator
  14. moonbase

14g, but i don't recall the length. I have 26" rims, though, so probably not much help there. The shop that laced mine for me reccomended double butted for strength, particularly on the front since it/I make for well over 250 pounds and it's my only brake. I hear you on wanting to ride...
  15. moonbase

Morrow Coaster Brake spoke size

I didn't know about Dans......thanks for that.
Back