Recent content by MONARKofSoCal

1. MONARKofSoCal

Mad Ratter

This week was the monthly ratrod riders ride The weather was much nicer than last weekend But still a lot of smoke in the air from the wildfires Made it to Huntington beach pier with no issues But had to turn back That isn't marine layer fog in the background
  2. MONARKofSoCal

Mad Ratter

Got some extra shots this weekend But just some quick action shots Unfortunately it was so hot that going for a ride at home was not going to happen Or at the beach either it was too crowded out there Have to wait for next weekend to go on a full ride
  3. MONARKofSoCal

Previous years RRBO top 3 winners

In the past few years I have put up the previous years top 3 RRBO winners list RRBBO #1 1st: Montgomery Wards: IRON GHOST (builder: raised by robots) http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=712 2nd: 60's Western Flyer (builder: Clothespin n)...
  4. MONARKofSoCal

BO15 mad ratter or hack rat

Thanx Not sure who made it but i know its prewar and probably aftermarket because it had extra mounting holes
  5. MONARKofSoCal

One piece that gave me fits was coming up with a way to mount the seat post on the frame to keep weight off the center section where all the parts connect These 2 adjusters from exercise bikes ended up working out perfectly final product
  6. MONARKofSoCal

Mad Ratter

https://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/mad-ratter-or-hack-rat.111025/ 24" Monark Frame bent Schwinn forks monark 24" truss rods 24" Schwinn crank & sprocket prewar ladies long spring seat prewar hole chain guard (aftermarket?) Schwinn exerciser seat post Evans square rear...
  7. MONARKofSoCal

over the weekend painted the the rear extension section i applied the paint with a roller yes that is how I roll I found a trick for painting distressed wrought iron I could have added the final black coat but i really like the rust color of the base primer you can see how the rolled paint...
  8. MONARKofSoCal

the chain does rub just barely so i added a second brace and ground down the ear on the rear after that it still had a small amount of clearance issues so i used some offset spacers on the coaster to finalize chain position here is all the added extension parts that now need to get painted and...
  9. MONARKofSoCal

well I had some mechanical issues with my truck in august so that had to be resolved but now i can get back to the last few day thrash of finishing up mad ratter Ended up cutting off the the top of the exerciser and bending the ears to make a new connection piece here is the almost the...
  10. MONARKofSoCal

finally got around to attaching the fork stem to the seat post attachment in this i was originally going to use a bmx brake gyro sandwiched between two nuts then use the threaded ears to attach the two parts but i had to cut so much off the seat post attachment due to the angle now there is...
  11. MONARKofSoCal

here is the close up of the dogbone mounted on bottom of the fork shaft and the 3 races 1 race in the typical location where the base gets wider the top 2 races are different in they typically are tight the entire way of the fork shaft standard race style on the right (usually has a flat...
  12. MONARKofSoCal

i had to put the bars in that position to lean it up next to the wall more worried about getting seat figured before tackling the hbars but i know the ones i put in the mock up seem to tall
  13. MONARKofSoCal

the races from i believe the 60's or 70's built murrays dont have a wider base so they are snug throughout the entire length if the fork shaft i will get pic if the difference between the two styles later
  14. MONARKofSoCal

over the weekend i came up with a way to use more metal from the schwinn exerciser to use in the seat post area its actually the remainder of the seat post metal and a lower support bar that will get attached to the area on the monark where the kick stand bolts in here is the early mock up i...
  15. MONARKofSoCal

BO15 Old English

Very nice schwinn you found looks to be a 50's welterweight do you know what rims are on it s-4 or s-6 and is it one or 3 speed