Recent content by Missingspokes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

Manfred's chop shop version of a cycle truck. Not yet named

Lol thanks for scaring me! Already looking for a motor :mrgreen:
  2. M

All I said was " with this in mind " :mrgreen: Sorry
  3. M

Slow! I need tubes in the back and a 65t up front. I used it to haul gardening supplies the other day. I could not help but giggle
  4. M

I just welded a 18t to a small chunk of pipe. Then welded tha to the pulley. The black chainring is just a tensioner
  5. M

With this in mind... Let me introduce.... Sorry for the cell phone pictures.. I will get some better finished shots!
  6. M

Welp. I finally got it out of the shop! I will get pictures up, its been very very slow in the making. It's slow, it's heavy, it's abosutely pointless! I love it
  7. M

Got the bed roughed in. It will get old pallet boards for the deck. Those will sit on top of the angle iron. When I say roughed in, I only took it this far to figure mounting locations and how much to trim for the tires. So far I am still within budget. 0$
  8. M

Work has been crazy. But we are finally between projects! Guess who has the next 4 days off! :D
  9. M

Works a madhouse right now! I think I am trailering the beast to work on Friday to hopefully rough in the bed a little further.. I need to get some dedicated time on this thing :|
  10. M

Thanks guys. I did not need a sharp bend, just a nice flow. And I wanted it on edge. Heat did the trick. I will let the cat out of the bag..... I told you guys it was a heavyweight!
  11. M

So I am really striking out on the butt end of this thing. I whipped up a 26x32 flat deck.. Buts it's got no flow.. And it's boring. I want something low with the tires tucked up.. Gears are turning.. Thinking shopping cart....
  12. M

So skipping ahead a bit, I picked up a new chainring last night. Today I sandblasted the chrome off and started soaking it in vinegar. This was my first attempt at bending the down tube last night. I later resorted to heat and my heavy rear end
  13. M

No I mean this will have 3 forward and one reverse while pedaling forward! I know every fixie need a reverse gear. It's a bonus when your building a heavy weight trike ;-)
  14. M

So far I am about 6 solid hours into it at this point. I am going to attempt a flat bed this week. I found some beat up sheet metal in the form of 55 gallon trash cans. Hopefully I can build a functional bed and keep it looking long and low.
  15. M

Alright guys! I am a lurker here and have finally decided to step up to the plate. The motivation behind this trike is my mother. After my father passed away my mom moved into a small house about a half a mile away.. Well I just fired her lawn boy so I need to fill in. And that's how I am...
Back